Editing and addition errors with games with many releases

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By reverendhunt

When is a game on too many platforms? When you're Pac-Man, it seems.

The game was just announced for PS4 and Bone (and Steam but there's already a PC entry in this field), and I went to add those to the breakdown of platforms, only to find that I can't access the dropdown to add any more!

It looks like this, alllll the way down
It looks like this, alllll the way down

Furthermore, I can't edit any releases in the release tab - just keep getting the generic GB "whoops" error. This makes it to where every time a release is added, I have to manually add the arcade release on the main page, because articles pull blank release dates automatically as the "earliest" release.

EDIT: Arrgh it got Ms. Pac-Man too

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello,

This is still happening over a year later. I don't have any recent examples off-hand for the platform count inability (although I encountered it last about a month ago), but I tried editing a release on Street Fighter II: The World Warriors and it just times out. It seems if a game has released too many times you can't edit previous releases anymore. This hasn't been a problem before last year that I'm aware of, as I would edit releases on port overdosed games all the live-long day at one point.

I would just like to know if engineering is aware of it. As long as I get confirmation, I'm good for now.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@reverendhunt: There is a decently-sized wiki rewrite in the works that will hopefully correct association problems like this.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers