Extending my Premium Subscription put me into the free trial.

thejke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just extended my Premium Subscription because it is currently on sale. On the confirmation page it says "You are currently on a free trial of the Giant Bomb Premium Yearly plan. Your first billing date is September 26, 2018." It also says this on my billing page.

I checked to see if this was just displayed in error by trying to download a video, and when I click the button it says "Users in a free trial can't download video."

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

PoetryMiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejke: I have not recently extended my subscription, but my billing page also says "You are currently on a free trial of the Giant Bomb Premium Yearly plan." I am able to download videos though.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By dazzhardy

@thejke: Yeah, I just extended my membership at the sale price, and now I can't download video's either, because my account is saying "You are currently on a free trial of the Giant Bomb Premium Yearly plan". Bummed because I was already Premium before I extended it, and now I can't download video :\

Edit: Should also point out that, yeah, Rorie did mention on the latest UPF to email support@giantbomb.com to hopefully get it fixed.

thejke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I emailed Rorie, and he fixed it. It still says that I am on the free trial under my account details, but I am now able to download videos.

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Same thing happened to me but it seems my account is trickier because I had two accounts merged or something. Thankfully I already had watched the content from Friday. Sucks that I can't download now though.

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TomyDingo

Ok, now this sucks. I couldn’t watch a premium video and I’m now getting an error about authentication. Geez, this is a crummy way to reward people for extending premium membership.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't even extend my membership, just went to the page to think about it, and I get kicked back down to trial.

No Caption Provided

Oh well. The @rorie giveth and the @rorie taketh away.

At least it's quite a lengthy trial. Though I dispute the usage of the word "free" since I've paid at least a couple hundred bucks over the years for my membership.

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TomyDingo

Oh boy I think I made a mess of things. On the account page I clicked the cancel trial button. It then billed me again for a yearly membership but now my renew date is August 2018 instead of October 2019 (what it should be). Well I can download videos now, but this is a less than ideal way to fix the issue.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aesthetic_noise: All jokes aside @rorie is an excellent customer support guy. You need to email him and I would bet he'll sort you out, proper like. Don't know if he works on weekends, so hope this is something you can wait for next week to get fixed.

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: I already did but they’re not sure how to fix my account. That’s why I started tinkering with the account settings. I solved one issue but now have another (paying another $50 and now having a year less on my account)

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By monetarydread

Another person stuck on a trial account. I emailed @rorie and am just waiting for next week I guess.

I figured that bumping this thread would be a good plan so people have less of a chance of making the same mistake I did.

craymen_edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By craymen_edge

Just emailed support, I'm glad to see it's not just me. The addition of trial subscriptions appears to have messed something up.

I clicked on the link advertising the membership sale and got the same message on my account page, that I'm on a free trial (until something like 2019). I hadn't even bought anything at that stage.

Now I can't download videos, and it may be coincidental but all the progress has been lost from unfinished videos in my continue watching page. They just start from the beginning again.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Re-upped on the premium sale on Saturday yet now it says I'm on a free trial and I can't download videos.

imataqito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea, same video dl problem and my account also says trial right now with a 2018 exp date. I just emailed support, hopefully someone can help.

smek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And i thought my 7 day free trial until 2018 was a good deal!

I didn't even extend my membership, just went to the page to think about it, and I get kicked back down to trial.

No Caption Provided

Oh well. The @rorie giveth and the @rorie taketh away.

At least it's quite a lengthy trial. Though I dispute the usage of the word "free" since I've paid at least a couple hundred bucks over the years for my membership.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

HAHA!!!

@rorie is awesome. It turns out there was a second account attached to my email. I totally don't remember setting up an account for Username: TheWitchingestWitcher in 2008 but apparently it's there.

clovy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Got this same issue but additionally I'm getting a weird video on the mobile app that says there's an issue autheticating my account when watching premium videos on the iPhone app

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have this exact problem too, emailed @rorie but still on the 'free trial' so can't download anything

craymen_edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a reply from @rorie. My billing page still says I'm on a free trial, so that's probably a separate issue, but I have my subscriber access back now.

The Continue Watching page works again, my progress in unfinished videos is back.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By rorie  Moderator

There are two issues here, as some of you have surmised: there is some text that might indicate that you're in a free trial (so long as you can download videos you should actually be fine, though, this is just a display error), and then some of you are actually in a free trial incorrectly, which means you can't download videos. I am trying to work through a shit-ton of support emails right now, so if you're affected by the download issue, please email me at support at giantbomb.com. It's a lot easier for me to track responses and fixes via that platform than it is for me to work with PMs or forums!

badseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By badseed

@rorie is the man, lightning quick response to me having this same problem. Thanks man.