F Twitch !!

B_Lee17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By B_Lee17

I hate the Twitch video player sooo much! Try to watch Grubb snax, black screen. Try to watch UPF, black screen... Are there any solutions to this awful service other than watch something else on Youtube?

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can try a different web browser, usually this fixes embedded playback issues for me.

BlizzVG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

I'm not sure if it's Twitch related because I don't have a Twitch account, but I can't watch the new Quick Look or UPF this morning it just goes straight to a black screen. If I back out the progress bar on the videos shows I've watched the whole video.

Old videos work in fact I've narrowed it down to the Grubbsnax 38 and newer videos not hosted on Youtube giving me this issue. I've tried clearing out my cookies and restarting my browser with no luck. I'll restart my PC and report back either way in case others are having this issue.

BlizzVG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blizzvg: Update.

Restarting wasn't the issue. For some reason Adblock was interfering and disabling it fixed the issue. I thought I had it greenlighted for the entire site and being premium I don't normally see ads or html objects for ads.

Still kind of weird it didn't give me any issues until Grubsnaxx 38? Maybe the GB IT team changed or added hosting services?

permanentsigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By permanentsigh

Videos seem to originate from giantbomb.redvideo.redventures.io now, which uBlock Origin is blocking on my end. I whitelisted that subdomain and I still see that it's being blocked in my browser console.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Whitelisting GB in uBlock and Ghostery fixed the black screen issues with the player for me.

B_Lee17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blizzvg: Adblock was the issue. Thanks!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Sorry for this; I'm looking to see if we can get the video player working again for people with adblock but I don't have an ETA on it. The Download button should let you play it in Chrome if the site player isn't working for you in the meantime.