[Feature Request] Allow ignoring/make "block" do something

The_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'd really like the block feature to actually block people, so I don't have to see shitty people who make me uncomfortable in GB chat. If that isn't the purpose of the "block" button on people's profile, then allow me to ignore people.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

The blocking function at the moment makes it impossible for users to send you PMs and I believe you won't get notifications; I believe it was originally built with Comic Vine in mind, which doesn't do much chatting. I'll see if we can put something like this on the roadmap but it probably wouldn't happen before E3 and might not be technically feasible at any rate. If someone's being crappy in chat please do take a screenshot and let the mods know or use the Report function in chat!

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rorie If I understand the underlying issue correctly, then I could see the processing complication of having many users in chat multiplied by the number of potential blocked users in the chat. Someone was straight-forwardly rude to me just now on GB Infinite, and I'm not interested in seeing anything they ever type again. So I can see how this idea would be useful. If things have changed since the idea was raised then I'd give the idea of being able to block people in chat a thumbs up. Even if it was just for that session it would be an improvement.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I 100% think blocking people permanently, on all avenues, should be an option. Has this changed?