Forum comment box broken in Firefox

MagnetPhonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MagnetPhonics

The box to enter replies in the forums is broken in Firefox to the point where it's almost unusable long comments with any formatting. The buttons at the top disappear after many normal actions (typing/pasting/switching tabs).

Refreshing the page or hitting back and re-entering the thread doesn't fix it. I need to close and reopen the thread in a new tab to fix it.

I tried to post before/after screenshots. But they broke the reply box too.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By FacelessVixen

So it isn't just me. Good to know.

Edit 7/5/21: This also happens in Chrome.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I've been hearing this more often lately; I'll see if I can replicate it and get a ticket in to fix. Apologies!

MillaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen this a few times. For me it seems to mostly be caused by pasting something when the message box has been extended.

No Caption Provided

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@millaj: Yeah I definitely got it myself while pasting something today. I'll try to see if someone can look into it.

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

While we're talking about the comment box in Firefox, for some reason the comment box for me always starts with a space already in it

Mopopolis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just noticed this issue myself when editing a former post, top bar is unusable so can't change text size, bold, links ect

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey just reporting here as of July 6 2022, this is still a thing. 😅

this bug still happens when I try and edit a post and paste text or whatever in Firefox.

I tried in logging in on Windows 10 Edge, and tried editing and pasting a looooong wall of text for testing and somehow the EDIT BAR, appears when it hits the top of the screen when I scroll down.

And then it goes and disappears again when I scroll up to read what I've typed and check the above forum posts while still editing.

So if you just made/edit a short post on the forum and the text box does not stretch for you to:

1. Scroll down
  2. Let the EDIT BAR header hit the top of the browser window.

Well, I'm not sure how to go around that, maybe save edit and try again?

Or add a bunch of spaces, save, and then re-edit. Which is honestly a hassle XD 😑

Is this a JavaScript related bug or something? 🤔

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While we're talking about the comment box in Firefox, for some reason the comment box for me always starts with a space already in it

Tried this in Edge, can report that the text box ALSO has one space in it. I'm not sure if this is intentional.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@millaj That gif is exactly what happens. It's annoying. 😫😅

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rorie
MillaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems to be working just fine for me now. I tried doing what I did before as well as playing with all of the options and nothing broke it. *thumbs up*

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

Hey I believe this should be resolved now; can anyone confirm for me?

@armoredmachine:

@mopopolis:

Hey, thanks for the bug fix! I think it's working now in firefox and edge, I've tested all the stuff that broke the last time, and hopefully, it doesn't break again this time. 😉👍