Full screen on videos not working

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 37

Hi there, I noticed this bug for the first time today, this is on a Safari browser on iOS 13.3.1 on my iPad mini 4 (where I end up watching a lot of GB videos).

Basically, I started a video (in this case the video was: https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/we-be-truckin/2970-20030 but I tried this on a couple random older videos and had the exact same issue), but when I tapped the Full Screen icon in the lower right, it did not change the size of the video at all, and as a side effect, I could hear the audio continue as normal, but the video was frozen on the frame when I tapped Full Screen.

This does not seem to be an issue on my laptop (Windows 10, Firefox 74.0) however, I've only noticed it on the configuration I mentioned above.

Thanks in advance for looking into this!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I'll see if someone can take a look at this!

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By monetarydread

I am in the same situation. My iPad mini 4 has the same version of iPadOS and I cannot view fullscreen content anymore.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the problem I had in Firefox. Basically, the player was showing the site stream with the youtube stream laid overtop of it. So basically I could pause the youtube stream but the site stream would continue playing in he background.