Getting logged out repeatedly

• 56 results
nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

I'm getting logged out of GB multiple times a week. Seems to be happening about every other day right now, and has been going on for maybe a week and a half. I'll be actively logged in listening to a podcast or something and open a new tab of a premium feature to queue up for later (or just the homepage). The tab opens and lo and behold I'm logged out again.

Any idea why this is happening? I'm using Chrome 89.0.4389.90.

For what it's worth, I use GB on a laptop primarily and a desktop occasionally, and this is not happening on the desktop ever- just on the laptop. Same Chrome version on both.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also worth noting- when trying to submit this post, I got an error saying that the CRSF token was invalid. I clicked submit again and it worked.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 noboners  Online

Huh. I'll actually 2nd this. I'm on mobile right now (where the issue has never occured) so I don't have my info. But I've been using Microsoft Edge as the web browser, so I just kinda assumed that it was an issue with the browser (since I just started using it over chrome in the last two months).

Seeing that you were affected on Chrome changes my perspective though.

thetafox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been happening to me on my PS4, not a huge deal but I figured I’d add myself to the list here.

katcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually came here to see if anyone else has been having this issue. It's been happening to me for about the last two weeks. I'm currently on version 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit).

djredbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Happened a couple times on Firefox as well.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This issue got better for a while, but has come back with a vengeance over the last couple of days. I seem to be getting logged out on all devices every 12 hours or so.

franzlska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've also been having it happen infrequently on Firefox. I was sort of assuming it was something on my end.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, this has been happening to me to for about the last week, where I need to log back in every day.

I'm on Opera 75.0.3969.171

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've been logged out four times over the past week. Twice it's even been what the OP experienced, where I'm actively watching something and then open a new tab to browse for another video, only to find that I've been logged out.

Chrome Version 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By BisonHero

I have experienced this logout thing as well, though I’ve long since assumed that there must be some thing on the site backend that whenever they do it, a byproduct is that it resets the authentication status of a bunch of users, or invalidates their login cookies/credentials, or whatever. Agreed that it’s been much more frequent the past week or two, but also I assume site engineers are monkeying around more with the site due to the upcoming changes.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This is now happening to me at least once per day.

eldredpe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would like to add myself to the pile. I'm logged out constantly lately. At least once a day it seems like.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll chime back in to say that this has been happening daily since my last post.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interestingly enough, it's actually been less frequent for me since my last post. I was having to log back in every day about two weeks ago, but I think I've only had to do so once, maybe twice in the last week.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I've noticed this for the past few weeks. It never used to happen.

UncleBenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Same, chrome. Glad to know I wasn't losing my mind and is constantly logging myself out while not realizing it.

hexhunter222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I was having this issue in Chrome. Disabled a few extensions and now the site works again.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This issue went away for a while, but seems to have resurfaced recently.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, this seems to be very frequent the past week or so.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frequently happening again for me after being gone for a while.

swordstruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this to me a few times a week at this point.

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably happened to me 3 times this past week and a half, I use Chrome to watch video/browse and occasionally FF to browse (and watch video if Chrome is misbehaving)

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chrome. Has happened at least 3x the last 2 weeks.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is happening to me again as well. 3 times in the last week or so.

Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Happened to me a handful of times this week as well on Chrome.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having the same issue. I had to login again yesterday and again today. Using Firefox 96.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is still happening about every 36 hours to me over the last couple of weeks.

IRQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This had stopped for me for awhile, but is back every day again for about the last week.

evophile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this has started up for me the past couple of days. I was logged out multiple times today.

tontogoldstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By tontogoldstein

Also happening for me. Went from being logged in for months at a time to having to log in again multiple times per week. I am using Chrome.

swordstruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has happened to me literally every day this week

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is probably related... I've been noticing just in the last day or so that when I first land on GB on chrome I'll be logged out, but then when I reload the page I'm logged in. Don't know what's going on with that.

enfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Also happening to me all the time on chrome.

I think this is probably related... I've been noticing just in the last day or so that when I first land on GB on chrome I'll be logged out, but then when I reload the page I'm logged in. Don't know what's going on with that.

Same thing just happened to me. Weird.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tartyron  Online

I’ve had the logout issue, the video not playing with Adblock (despite being premium) and I’ve had a few 404 issues on various pages that show up again later. I’m guessing there might be some renovations going on behind the scenes, but it is still a bit weird.

katelyngadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Got a huge ad on the front page on my first visit today, but it seemed like the website realized I was logged in once I started browsing around.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Hey, sorry about the login issues; an engineer is looking into it.

shadowfire01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Thanks, Rorie. It really does seem never-ending though.

IRQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to hear it's being looked at. Between being logged out constantly and breaking adblock this week (which I need because I get logged out) it's really hard to use the site.

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not a robot.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe an attempt at a fix for this should be going out tomorrow and we'll see if it helps!

Avatar image for dancingpolkabear
dancingpolkabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dancingpolkabear

The entire site went down at 12 am pst, after which I was logged out. It took several attempts logging in before the state would "stick". (it doesn't help that giantbomb's captcha with google takes minutes to complete)

Are log ins perhaps be tied to some in-memory service that is getting rebooted on occasion?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey all, the engineers pushed out something this morning that might help with the logouts; let me know if you still see more than usual amount of logging out!

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was logged out unexpectedly this morning. Maybe it's a sign of the ongoing issue still occuring, but hopefully it was a symptom of the fix going live?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Is the usual amount of logouts meant to be zero? Most websites I can think of keep me logged in indefinitely unless I deliberately wipe out all my cookies, or otherwise reset all browser files.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Is the usual amount of logouts meant to be zero? Most websites I can think of keep me logged in indefinitely unless I deliberately wipe out all my cookies, or otherwise reset all browser files.

Yep, should definitely be almost zero, at least on a daily basis. I think some of the cookies will expire in 30 days or something like that but it's definitely been more logouts than intended lately.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FWIW I think it seems like it's better for me? I have GB set as my homepage and the thing I was noticing was that when I was opening my browser for the first time, I would land on the front page logged out, but reloading would log me back in. And then if I navigated back to the site from somewhere else I was also still usually logged in. But I've now tried closing my browser and opening it back up again a few times and am not running into the same issue. So maybe that fix did indeed work?

We'll see if I notice any more weirdness over the next couple of days...

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BisonHero
@rorie said:

Hey all, the engineers pushed out something this morning that might help with the logouts; let me know if you still see more than usual amount of logging out!

I don't think this issue is resolved. I recall that I was logged out of the site the morning you mentioned the update, but I chalked that up to "maybe I was logged out overnight before the engineers pushed the update." So I logged in March 22nd, call it midday sometime, after you had said the engineers had done an update. Just now, March 24th, I went to navigate around the site, and noticed I was logged out, and had to login again.

So I'd call it that, at best, my login on this browser lasted about 48 hours before something logged me out again.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: Agreed, I just visited the site and was logged out again. Last login less than 48 hours ago as well.