Giant Bomb East audio popping/glitching on the mics

CannonGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Hey folks, I've noticed for quite a while now that just about every video from the Beast crew has audio pops and other anomalies throughout. I've put together three examples from the first minute of episode one of 'Who's The Big Boss?' to illustrate the issue.

https://my.mixtape.moe/qeiyqv.mp3

This sort of thing hasn't been prominent in the West coast's videos (maybe due to the type of mics they use or their overall setup) but it's always been immediately obvious to my ears when watching/listening to East coast content.

I'm not sure if this is something the crew is already aware of but I just wanted to get this out there in case it was going under the radar.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Hey folks, I've noticed for quite a while now that just about every video from the Beast crew has audio pops and other anomalies throughout. I've put together three examples from the first minute of episode one of 'Who's The Big Boss?' to illustrate the issue.

https://my.mixtape.moe/qeiyqv.mp3

This sort of thing hasn't been prominent in the West coast's videos (maybe due to the type of mics they use or their overall setup) but it's always been immediately obvious to my ears when watching/listening to East coast content.

I'm not sure if this is something the crew is already aware of but I just wanted to get this out there in case it was going under the radar.

This would mostly be a Q for @ybbaaabby or @vinny, hopefully one of them can look into it.

munkyau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This was driving me nuts. I thought there was a problem with my PC. Seems like it's the videos themselves. I'm hearing the same thing on my PC and on mobile.

sicamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm hearing this also, only from stuff coming out of GB east.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't noticed anything on my system, maybe it is specific to one format? I only stream youtube and html5

fireworksordie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fireworksordie

Hey everyone- I made a post on reddit today looking for help with this since it's been bugging me over the past few weeks, then ended up doing the busy work myself. Long story short:

No Caption Provided

Every GBEast video after Jackal Part 2 up through today continues to have the stuttering to various degrees of severity. So even if the soundboard issue in Opus Magnum ends up being entirely coincidental, this at least narrows down when this started. I had already tweeted about the audio stutter to Vinny a couple weeks ago so he's aware of it, and I just tweeted the image above to him a moment ago. Hopefully the issue can be resolved soon.

EDIT: dug some more for an hour, noticed export filename dates, re-sorted, made some safe assumptions. this is the final spreadsheet. proud of my work.

No Caption Provided

vinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looks like this is most likely related to an update for the Tricaster (our video switcher). Looking more into it, but might be a little bit until a solution (hot fix for the update or I roll back to a previous version) goes live. Thanks for all the data.