Giant Bomb TV stops playing on PS4 whenever a poll goes up

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Giant Bomb TV generally seems to work fine, but whenever the poll for the next video starts, video playback stops on my PS4 and I have to manually hit "play" to get it running again.

Pretty minor bug, all things considered, just a little annoying considering my PS4 is the primary device I see myself watching Giant Bomb TV on. Would be nice if I didn't have to keep restarting it.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie@wcarle: FWIW even more of a minor problem than I thought since going to the Giant Bomb TV Youtube link from within the PS4's internet browser has no issues whatsoever. I can't vote in the poll that way, but I'm not really concerned about that, personally.

One other interesting issue with Giant Bomb TV and PS4, though. I can't seem to access it through the PS4 Youtube App. When I search for the channel it just tells me there are no videos (the live stream doesn't appear on its list of videos), and there doesn't seem to be a way to manually input a video URL into that app (which seems like a dumb oversight on their part, but whatever). Again, not exactly ideal, but these seem like low-priority problems since there's a workable solution on the platform already (namely, watch the Youtube link within the web browser).

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By xanadu

@atheistpreacher: Ive mentioned this in another thread though it didnt seem to work for the last guy...The YouTube link is de-listed since it is a premium feature. But if you giantbomb.com/tv on a computer browser and click the YouTube button in the embedded video, it will add the video to your history which can be pulled up on the YouTube App (you will need to be signed into the same Youtube account on the computer and the console obviously). This works for me on XboxOne and I have to assume it works the same on ps4.

AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu said:

@atheistpreacher: Ive mentioned this in another thread though it didnt seem to work for the last guy...The YouTube link is de-listed since it is a premium feature. But if you giantbomb.com/tv on a computer browser and click the YouTube button in the embedded video, it will add the video to your history which can be pulled up on the YouTube App (you will need to be signed into the same Youtube account on the computer and the console obviously). This works for me on XboxOne and I have to assume it works the same on ps4.

Hah, fair enough. What a dumb work-around. Although I don't have a YouTube account and don't really feel like creating one just for this. Too many malignant multinational corporations have my data already.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@atheistpreacher: I mean if you have a gmail account you have a youtube account. I for one welcome and succumb to our new digital overlords.

foodmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@rorie@wcarle: FWIW even more of a minor problem than I thought since going to the Giant Bomb TV Youtube link from within the PS4's internet browser has no issues whatsoever. I can't vote in the poll that way, but I'm not really concerned about that, personally.

One other interesting issue with Giant Bomb TV and PS4, though. I can't seem to access it through the PS4 Youtube App. When I search for the channel it just tells me there are no videos (the live stream doesn't appear on its list of videos), and there doesn't seem to be a way to manually input a video URL into that app (which seems like a dumb oversight on their part, but whatever). Again, not exactly ideal, but these seem like low-priority problems since there's a workable solution on the platform already (namely, watch the Youtube link within the web browser).

My work around is for watching GBTV on the PS4 youtube app is clicking out to youtube in a browser window (which i usually do on a laptop but i don't see why this woulding work on PS4 web browser) and adding the stream to my watch later. Then i can open the youtube app and find a live link in my watch later.