Going to the shows page for "Playdate" actually takes you to the chat page.

orshick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By orshick

In the show's section, clicking on any of the shows takes you to the appropriate page. Not so for the "Playdate" show, which takes us to the live show/chat page.

Edit: I just realized that the link took me to the chat page because there is currently a live "Playdate" being streamed. However this is confusing, and prevents users from being able to look at the entire series back-catalogue.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I'll try to look into this the next time a Playdate is live! In the meantime you can always find the archives via the Video dropdown:

No Caption Provided

orshick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rorie: Sorry, I think I wasn't clear. It is in this exact menu that the link the "Playdate" took me to the chat instead of the Playdate series archive. This isn't an issue with the link (when hovering over it, the url was correct), it must simply be getting routed to the chat if an episode of the series you are selecting is being aired live. So, while probably not technically a bug, I think it certainly feels like one and is poor UX.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4 fisk0  Moderator

Yeah, doesn't only happen with playdates, but any stream that's part of a series, noticed this happening during This is the run too, making it impossible to watch older episodes while a stream in that series is running.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: @orshick: Ah, ok, that definitely sounds like an issue then. I'll try to replicate it with this upcoming playdate!

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#6 fisk0  Moderator

@rorie: Yeah, if you click Playdate in the dropdown or on the shows page right now, it'll take you to chat instead of a list of previous episodes.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rorie

@fisk0 said:

@rorie: Yeah, if you click Playdate in the dropdown or on the shows page right now, it'll take you to chat instead of a list of previous episodes.

I am actually not able to replicate this right now - clicking either of those links goes back to https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/04172019/2970-18994 for me. But Brad can replicate it so I will see if this behavior can be looked at. Sorry for the trouble!

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There's a live Playdate going on now, but you guys forgot to list it as "premium."

I got Gerst-rolled.