Have double sound when starting a video from the site.

SkinnyZeusMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Have double sound when starting a video from the site.

I'm on Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not sure if this is the cause of your issue, but I have had this happen sometimes when I click the Play button as quickly as possible when the page loads (maybe especially when it's set to the YouTube player?). It's like clicking Play causes the video player to start, but then once the page fully loads the site starts autoplaying the video on a second copy of the player that's not visible, or something. Refreshing the page and waiting a few seconds before clicking Play usually avoids it for me.

DPEP56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get the same issue. For example, I'll start a video I had previously watched part way. The video will pick up where it left off, but I will also hear secondary audio of the video starting from the beginning. As @cloudymusic mentioned, waiting a second does seem to help with the issue. I've noticed that I only get this issue when the video uses the YouTube player.

GnolTac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same issue with Firefox 69.0.1, a reload always seems to fix it.

I think I have only seen it with the YouTube player

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jamesyfx

I get this on firefox sometimes. When it happens I usually just click through to youtube and watch it there.

someoneproud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get this on firefox too, waiting a sec before clicking play or refreshing usually works fine for me though.

Wolferey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Same issue on chrome 77.0.3865.90, happens mostly with the youtube player, because clicking play doesn't remove the thumbnail image so a video starts playing, then clicking again removes it but starts another video so you get 2 videos playing. Have to reload or wait some time before the page loads.

whatitdotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolferey: This is how I've noticed the issue in Chrome as well. It's the two videos playing at once.

For me, I usually have to reload. Waiting doesn't help.