HD Progressive not loading video

jclane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Just got my internet upgraded to the point that I can now watch HD videos without needing to wait for buffering and stuff. I just tried out the two most recent QLs uploaded this week, but the videos would not start, showing the 5 loading rectangles with the second and third on the right lit up (which is usual for me, not sure about anyone else). The video just sits there, but I can see the progress bar steaming on ahead. I left one of them to a point where said progress bar was at the halfway point before coming to the conclusion that the video just won't start. Anyone else having this problem?

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By lclay

Videos are buffering 100% before starting, as far as I can tell.

It's pretty annoying.

jclane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@lclay said:

Videos are buffering 100% before starting, as far as I can tell.

It's pretty annoying.

Well I just tried out the latest Daily Dota and it started playing almost instantly. Perhaps only recent videos are being affected?

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

I've found the site's player basically unusable for months now. I just download the videos instead.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@rorie just posted a big thread about video player bug/feedback/issues, so I'd try making a post in there if I were you.

rchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

More info on this thread:

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bug-reporting-33/progressive-video-has-to-fully-buffer-before-start-1446160/#7

TLDR: Issue has been identified and we are re-encoding the affected videos.