I have never been able to stream in HD without severe buffering

fearofthesky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fearofthesky

Hey. So no matter what I have tried, I have never, ever been able to stream from the GB player in HD, only in High or below. This has gotten very frustrating lately and has stopped me from watching many Premium videos (ones without Youtube option) due to hating watching in SD. I've tried using other browsers and clearing caches, but still cannot work out what it is. I usually use Chrome but have tried Firefox too.

My internet is fibre to the premises, and my speed tier is 100 down, 20 up, and can watch youtube and netflix at 4K with no issues at all, so I can confidently say my internet speeds are not the issue! GB is the only site that causes the issues.

Can anyone assist? Thanks.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cikame

While i don't suffer any issues on this PC i have noticed on other machines and tablets that the GB player is pretty demanding, it buffers on my tablet even on low quality.
I'm assuming your PC isn't 15 or more years old, i'm afraid i have no suggestions, it doesn't surprise me that someone's having issues with it.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tried turning on/off hardware acceleration? Also, is it the same with the youtube player on the site?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

fearofthesky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame: Ah can't believe I forgot to put my specs in, it's an i5-6600K/16GB RAM/GTX1080.

@oursin_360: I haven't tried that! I'll have to look into that. how would I do it just for GB? The youtube player in the site works just fine.

@rorie: I tried it just now and yes! Exact same issue. Frequent buffering, every few seconds.

summerofblake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is happening to me too. Can barely stream "High" without buffering every few seconds. However, switching to "Low" the video preloads very quickly (the light grey bar on the timeline). Comes and goes though, some days it will stream HIGH or HD fine. Could be time of day related?

lepou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also have issues with watching Giant Bomb videos on HD or High. Internet speed is Fiber + on a beefy Macbook Pro 16 inch, and also on the Chewiebomb app on my LG TV.

Wish I had the time and harddrive space to just download the whole Giant Bomb library and just watch it offline. Watching videos on the site has always been a pain, sadly.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e25d72b6044
deactivated-63e25d72b6044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It might be your internet provider, I'm guessing you dont live in usa?

Have you tried vpn? wonder how would act when going via diffrent hops.