iOS 8.3 has no video controls

Avatar image for nihilisticmonkey
nihilisticmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Would appear since I upgraded my iPhone and iPad to 8.3 tonight that video controls for 8.3 have gone. (Full screen/rewind-fast forward/pause).

Videos just play in a window with no controls and that's it.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

That would be the OS not us. We rely on the iOS video player. I guess Apple figures you don't need those controls any more. Maybe there's some new gestures?

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Video player is running fine in both an iphone 6 and ipad 2 with the latest update here. Maybe reser the application or re-start the device.

nihilisticmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donpixel: only seems to be affecting iPad mini on 8.3 reboot doesn't fix it. Six plus is fine. How frustrating.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donpixel: only seems to be affecting iPad mini on 8.3 reboot doesn't fix it. Six plus is fine. How frustrating.

Maybe try deleting your safari cache and browsing data, you can also install chrome.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every once in a while my audio controls decide to go away. Normally it's related to AirPlay. A reboot works most of the time, but you can also try a hard reset by holding down lock and home for a few seconds.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Apple screwed up. I think this issue is related to any video, not just our site, based on the bug reporting on the apple forums.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My 5s video controls are working but the my mini2 doesnt have any video controls.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't have video controls in Safari, or you don't have video controls at all?

I'd recommend downloading the Giant Bomb Video Buddy app. That's what I use on iOS

nihilisticmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: ah cool. No worries. Yep it's definitely my mini iPad that has the issue. iPhone is fine. For now I'm clicking the down.oad link which will then play full screen and give control.

Emptying cache etc does nothing.

Orexis97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a similar issue with my IPad Air. What I found works is that if you play the video and place two fingers on the window where the video is playing and pull them apart (basically a reverse pinch), the video will expand to full screen and all the video controls will show up then. I have no idea is this is a bug or a "new feature", but at least there is a work around.

WillyOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you very much, Orexis97.