iPad Video Player

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

So this is something that I've actually had an issue with for a while but figured that it might get fixed. So far it seems like that isn't the case. When I play videos on my iPad I don't see any controls for the video. It doesn't show the HTML5 player controls or the native iOS video player controls. I just realized today if you request the desktop page from Safari you get the HTML5 player and all the controls are there. I was considering just doing this, but the downside is that the styles for the desktop site make things like the forums nigh unusable. Is this something that the team is aware of? And if so are there plans to fix it?

Adrian79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I've also been having this issue on my iPad for a while. Would like to know if there's a workaround for it too.

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also have iPad viewing problems. Every time I try to watch a video from the site my iPad crashes hard at least once. In the case of the Metal Gear Scanlon finale (both parts), it crashed multiple times. By crashing hard I mean the video stops and the screen goes black for several seconds before booting me back to the iPad home screen.

fokma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am also having the exact same issue on my ipad mini 2 in chrome and safari.

ian280291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By ian280291

If you pinch out to get the video full screen, you have iOS controls then

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@adrian79: The closest workaround I have found requires you to be a premium member so that you can download the video. You don't need to save the video to your storage you can just stream it from the download link. But if you're not a premium member then you're out of luck.

Avatar image for haljordanisgreen
haljordanisgreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have found that if I watch them from the qlcrew.com site I have no issues with the videos.