It's too easy to flag a post by mistake on mobile.

evil_gordita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Or, I should just stop scrolling the page with my right thumb.

I've now repeatedly accidently flagged forum posts because I habitually scroll the page with my right thumb. Maybe we could add a confirmation dialog box or be a little smarter in regards to touch events. I'm probably not the only person who does this, but I hate being the person who repeatedly flags a a post that clearly is fine.

azulot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I do this too - but you can "Remove Flag" from flagged posts. It's the exact same button as the "Flag" button.

evil_gordita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I.. well.. I guess I missed that. In a lot of the cases I've accidentally flagged something I have also managed to make the page jump around to the point I've lost my place because of errant touches.

Mobile, man.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have done this a few times as well.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

I literally flag someone just about everyday because of this.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By htr10

I flagged all the posts in this thread "by mistake" just to drive home the point.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do this often too, but as stated it's simple to unflag so no biggie.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@htr10 said:

I flagged all the posts in this thread "by mistake" just to drive home the point.

Please don't do that. Actual people have to review every one of those flags, so all you're really doing is giving the moderators more to do. It doesn't help.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Justin258

@mike said:
@htr10 said:

Please don't do that. Actual people have to review every one of those flags, so all you're really doing is giving the moderators more to do. It doesn't help.

Since there's a mod here, I do have a question - when I accidentally flag a post on mobile, I usually remove the flag. Do you guys still get a notification for it or something? Or do you guys just never see it when I remove a flag?

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike:

Wait, what? I was super duper kidding with my post. I didn't flag anything.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@mike said:
@htr10 said:

Since there's a mod here, I do have a question - when I accidentally flag a post on mobile, I usually remove the flag. Do you guys still get a notification for it or something? Or do you guys just never see it when I remove a flag?

No, there is a queue of flagged items that we check. If you flag and then unflag something it won't be on the queue.

Also even if something is flagged by mistake, we can tell and don't do anything with it anyway.