Live player is not working in the Edge browser.

thunderkat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Live player is not working in the Edge browser on a fully updated Windows 10 machine. I just tried watching the GBE Playdate and no controls were loading for me to start the video.

krummi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I have the very same issue. In addition rest of the video content gets stuck in loading phase.

dafdiego777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've noticed it as well. Comments won't load unless I press the more comments button. Current workaround is to click "download video" and watch it that way, but it's not ideal.

m4r71n2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad this isn't just me. I'm having to download any video I want to watch if there is no Youtube version

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have the same issues since yesterday. Works fine in firefox.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By jslack

Keep in mind, html5 support on Edge is terrible, at best. I'd guess that you have issues with html5 videos on many other sites as well. Reading through microsoft support threads from the last 30 days shows a ton of issues related to usage of html5 video in edge, which, should be a surprise to no one.

@thunderkat1 Does this video work? HTML5 video

Secondarily, check security settings. Windows firewall, and security settings often block files that are required. Try turning your security settings down to test.

Further, it's important that you run Windows Update. It could be that you have denied a required pack previously, which could be causing issues: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-n-media-feature-pack-not-working-after/953d600b-badd-4fdb-8756-6eb3b740d02e You need the windows 10 media feature pack. Depending on your upgrade path, you might have missed this pack at some point.

Good luck! My advice to you would be to use Chrome or Firefox if you want the latest video tech...

Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee

@jslack

This breakage started out of the blue this week. Videos played fine yesterday and are broken today. Additionally, the fact its affecting multiple Win10/Edge users suggests its kinda unlikely that it's something specific on our computers? Also, the Youtube URL you posted works fine (as does literally every other non-GB video I've tried today). As far as the video player issues, opening up the Console shows a myriad of issues, specifically around Access-Control-Allow-Origin header issues.

Here's an image of all of the errors I saw in the console after loading up the latest Unprofessional Fridays

As far as browser/OS details, here's mine:

Microsoft Edge 40.15063.0.0

Microsoft EdgeHTML 15.15063

Windows 10 Creators Update (build 15063.250)

krummi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The video @jslack linked works fine for me as well. Giantbomb is the only site where I have problems with video content. And like wise to @fish_face_mcgee this problem appeared for me suddenly last week. Just noticed that I couldn't post on the forums with Edge either, after clicking reply button page did load up but my reply apparently disappeared into ether.

Microsoft Edge 38.14393.1066.0

Microsoft EdgeHTML 14.14393

Win 10 ver 1607 build 14393.1066

DrFidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By DrFidget

I also watch videos in Edge on my Xbox One and have the same problem. It all worked until Thursday. Both live and recorded videos the player just says "Loading video..." forever and the settings buttons never even appear.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By bybeach

I e-mailed GB yesterday over it. Simply have been opening with I.E. to get it all working. I wondered if other ppl. were having problems also

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bybeach

@drfidget: Problem started Thursday for me also

PassiveSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having the same issue using Edge on Win 10, no issues with other sites.

Avatar image for kyle_laflamamocha
kyle_laflamamocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drfidget: Same for me too. Videos worked just fine till Thursday and now they just say now loading.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same for me on all this, plus not being able to post (doing this on my phone). Also started Thursday.

silens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been unable to load videos on Edge on Xbox One since Wednesday/Thursday, and the site won't keep me logged in either. I think the issues started when the membership sale went live (and the page headers changed).

Using the unofficial video player app on Xbox One is working fine, for the time being.

capn_chunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just get "loading video"on xbox one . tried clearing cache and browser history -still no luck

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By rorie

Let me tag @wcarle in here to see if he's been able to poke around in this.

dafdiego777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie Thanks! Chrome has a serious performance issue when I try to watch GB videos on my second pc screen while gaming. Edge works (well worked) fine for some reason though.

Leeftie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the 3rd time posting this already, it is nice when you just want to watch and not be part of some video player beta (no offense GB programmers, but the video player has issues): "You can do this: "before it will be fixed... it is easy to watch any (premium) video by (on the page of the video) clicking on Download -> On the Resolution you want Right mouse click -> Open in new tab. And you'll use the in browser player to get the stream directly. Which is nice."

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I almost would not mind using my browser to open Giant Bomb as the new normal, but one thing it does not allow me to do is skip ahead in videos. I still (premium stuff) have to dl for that. Plus I know, the problem has to be figured out. Otherwise the work around has done me okay, for the time being.

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be fixed now, the problem was Chromecast and IE not playing nicely together

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By Zurv

I'm unable to view any videos in edge. The player button nor settings comes up. Comments aren't loading either. I'm running Windows 10 x64 1703 (creators update.)

I'm pretty sure this worked with 1703, but it isn't working now. (IE still works)

I'm also unable to "Post Reply" from Edge either. I had to load up IE for this to work.

Microsoft Edge 40.15063.0.0

Microsoft EdgeHTML 15.15.063

Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee

@wcarle, I think there's still some lingering issues. On video pages, while the player operates correctly now, the comments don't auto-load like they used to, and the Podcasts don't show run time/current progress when the audio file is playing. Also, possibly un-related, but there's some JS code that's infinitely trying to manipulate a DOM element that doesn't exist, making it incredibly difficult to view accurate error info the console.

thunderkat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: I tried the link and the video worked fine. I have had no issues with The Edge browser until recently. I have gone through my security settings and the video player still doesn't work.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I notice Wednesday morning Pacific time, the videos seem fixed, but the comments are stuck at loading in. At least I can skip forward in videos again. So things are at least partially fixed.

Also, I cannot post comments in say forums till I open with I.E., as it turns out.

Slysmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wcarle: thanks currently watching murder island on my Xbox One.

Appreciated!

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By Zurv

All is still broken in Edge in windows 10..

"Loading Video...", no comments, and i needed to use IE to post this. :(

No Caption Provided

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We still have some issues with IE Edge we've got a fix ready to go, it should go out Monday morning, thanks for your patience!