Live Stream Buffering

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

I find that buffering during livestreams causes strange behavior like jumping ahead or back or repeating sections, even when I choose a specific quality, so it's not just when it switches between qualities on Auto. I was having no problems with today's east coast stream, but the west coast's stream right afterwards was jumping around almost immediately.

Would rewinding the stream a little help with this issue, so it's not trying to feed live video directly? Either way, I feel like other streaming services don't act like this when buffering, and it's definitely making it difficult to watch live.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I find that buffering during livestreams causes strange behavior like jumping ahead or back or repeating sections, even when I choose a specific quality, so it's not just when it switches between qualities on Auto. I was having no problems with today's east coast stream, but the west coast's stream right afterwards was jumping around almost immediately.

Would rewinding the stream a little help with this issue, so it's not trying to feed live video directly? Either way, I feel like other streaming services don't act like this when buffering, and it's definitely making it difficult to watch live.

What kind of device are you using? Have you tried a different browser?

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Windows 8.1, Firefox 59.0.2 (64-bit)

I did go back and watch from where I left off because I forgot it would still be live and being behind did help.

I just tried with Chrome 65.0.3325.181 and was having the same problem, but then I tried again after turning AdBlock off and that seemed to help, so maybe it was just that.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Yeah, I mentioned this in chat and others were reporting the problem as well. Live stream skips backwards, plays a few seconds, then jumps forwards.