Live stream video keeps randomly stopping

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I notice there are other threads regarding video player issues, but those seem to be addressing already produced content and not the live streams. Over the last few weeks I've noticed that some of the live shows are basically unwatchable due to them randomly stopping every minute or so. The video will begin to stutter and then go black and need to be either restarted or have the page refreshed. It's very jarring.

I'm using Windows 8 and Chrome.

austinmiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same here. Just had it happen a few times during UPF. Windows 8.1 and Chrome.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's happening at sort of random intervals now. Sometimes I go a few minutes with no interruptions. Sometimes it stops 3 times in a minute. Sometimes I need to refresh the page entirely and others the play button appears on it's own.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Happens all the time for me too.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This issue started for me this past Friday (Nov 21st). Live streams will stop every 30 seconds - 1 min. It'll hitch up and then go into the non-live mode where it is a few seconds behind the live stream and then eventually just stop and go back to the big Play button. It maaaaybe lasts longer on SD?

Testing using main PC which is Win 7 and Firefox, Laptop 1 which is Win 7 and Firefox, and Laptop 2 which is Win Vista and Firefox.

It does not do it on my HTC One phone via wifi. Main PC is on wired connected and the rest are wireless.

Super annoying issue.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#6 sgtsphynx  Moderator

Had it start for me maybe two weeks ago (I forget when I first noticed it, but I know for certain it happened during last weeks UPF) and it was seriously bad on today's live stream. Also, what will usually happen before the video quits is it will skip back a couple seconds and then about 30 secs later the video will go black. If I let is sit, it stops entirely, if I change the setting, the video resumes.

PC, Win 8.1 with most recent Chrome.

colinjw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By colinjw

I get this every once in a while. I am also on Win 8.1 using Chrome typically between 10 to 50 min.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Happened to me last night,video skips before stopping. Was watching on the main page not in the chat if that helps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5
deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having this issue as well, Windows 7 and Chrome.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By ChrisTaran

I have the same issue. Windows 7 with both Chrome and Firefox.

I first noticed it maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago during a UPF. Had the issue last night for the Thanksgiving stream too, but it was far less frequent than usual. Maybe only 3 or 4 times it stopped as opposed to previous weeks were it would be up to every 30 seconds to a minute for most of the stream.

Spooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Happened for me during the Thanksgiving stream too but when I switched to twitch it ran fine.

Running Win 7 with Chrome.

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on chrome too and this happened constantly yesterday on the thanksgiving stream.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I was having that problem for a while, but haven't on the last couple of streams. I wanna say that someone told me that it has something to do with some server thing that the GB engineers don't have a lot of control over, but I could be misremembering, and this could be a totally different issue that doesn't apply to.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Happens to me quite often as well, with the same exact problem on GameSpot's live streams (same cbsi player). Windows 7 and Chrome.