Live Streams Lag PC Like Crazy

Unknown450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For maybe the past 2 weeks I've had an issue where trying to watch any live stream on the site lags my PC hard. Gets so bad my mouse can barely move and takes ages for me to click stop or close tab/browser.

It doesn't matter if I put the stream on Low quality it still happens. And this happens in both Firefox and Chrome browsers. I have no issues at all watching videos on the site, even on highest quality. It's only the live streams.

And I have no issues watching live streams anywhere else like twitch, youtube, netflix etc. Can watch stuff in 4k with no problem elsewhere.

Made sure my drivers were up to date, but don't think thats the issue here.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2 rorie  Staff

For maybe the past 2 weeks I've had an issue where trying to watch any live stream on the site lags my PC hard. Gets so bad my mouse can barely move and takes ages for me to click stop or close tab/browser.

It doesn't matter if I put the stream on Low quality it still happens. And this happens in both Firefox and Chrome browsers. I have no issues at all watching videos on the site, even on highest quality. It's only the live streams.

And I have no issues watching live streams anywhere else like twitch, youtube, netflix etc. Can watch stuff in 4k with no problem elsewhere.

Made sure my drivers were up to date, but don't think thats the issue here.

Can you copy/paste the information from this form into this thread?

https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bug-reporting-33/how-to-submit-a-detailed-error-report-1807614/

Unknown450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

Can you copy/paste the information from this form into this thread?

https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bug-reporting-33/how-to-submit-a-detailed-error-report-1807614/

Sure thing!

Windows 10

Firefox Quantum Version 69.0 (64 Bit)

Chrome Version 77.0.3865.75 (64 Bit)

Firefox Extensions:
Adblock Plus
Better TTV
Notifier For Gmail

Chrome Extensions:
Adblock Plus
Better TTV
Notifier For Gmail

200 mbps Download, 20 mbps Upload

I tried disabling Adblock plus completely during the UPF stream last week but still had the issue.
But I noticed during today's Burgle My Bananas stream I didnt have any issues for the first time in 2 weeks til the very last 5 mins or so of the live stream. Maybe something was changed on the streaming side of things like lowered buffer rate from Vinny?

I'll have to see how the live streams go this friday and see if anything changes.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By rorie  Staff

@unknown450: Can you try on your phone as well, whether over WiFi or data? Your ISP might be having issues with our CDN for some reason. Where are you located physically?

Unknown450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I'm in Texas, I see you guys are running a stream atm on the West Coast. Since I have free time I'm going to watch the stream and see how it goes today. And will try from my phone as well. Will leave my feedback afterwards.

Unknown450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: ok the Doom live stream just finished. The problem still occurred but not nearly as bad as it had been. It was in very small spurts here and there. Far in between each other. But during the final moments of the stream it did get pretty bad. Could barely move mouse anywhere.

Tried on phone as well and I wasn't having any issues there.