Live streams not working

Zandrake94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm having a problem with going into livestreams on the Giant Bomb site. When I click on the streams to enter them a white screen appears, and nothing loads in the streaming window beyond that. The chat, replies, poll will load in but there is just white with no video or audio. This issue occurs for the Lockdown streams and GB Infinite, but I can play videos on the site (free and premium) without issues.

DoctorFaust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've been having the same issue as of Friday when using Chrome.

The weird thing is that all the live streaming still works in Firefox, but I previously had to switch from Firefox to Chrome because none of the archived videos were working properly. So now it seems to be that all the archived videos only work in Chrome, and all the live streaming only works in Firefox, if that helps anybody figure this out.

edoone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the same issue that Zandrake94 describes here with Chrome and Edge. But with Firefox the Twitch streaming window pop ups all fine. I clear the cache of my computer, routers etc... and again the same problem. BTW If you are logged in Twitch when you access this site that way be a problem now???

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Was having this problem on Brave a couple days ago disabling my ad blocker fixed it for me not sure if will help anyone else or not.

edoone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disable Ad block too and nothing. The same blank page where the Stream has to be. But with Firefox works fine even when you enable ad block or not. It's weird :P

meissnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah me too! I can watch the actual twitch page for lockdown on the twitch site but nothing on gb.com

edoone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Folks! Now it's working fine for me with Chrome! Thank God, and i don't know why. xD

meissnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha yeah, now it's fixed? So weird

edoone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meissnerd: I don't know really. Maybe it's an issue with twitch player. The only thing i know for sure is that it works with Giantbomb player.

edoone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By edoone

@meissnerd: On Firefox i have no problems to watch twitch Streams on Giantbomb/chat as i say previously. Today they are Streaming from their own video player. Sorry :P

edoone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they work on this issue.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I will see if Will can take a look at this. I believe Twitch adjusted something on their embedded player side a while back that he fixed fairly quickly but it sounds like there's some other issues going on.

novanscythe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Came here to say im also having this issue- across browsers and platforms- Live content only. Thanks Rorie for passing this along

ahifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, same issue. I'm using Edge. Of relevance is that I have a number of privacy features enabled (such as blocking tracking cookies) but I haven't changed anything between it working and not working. Working as normal with Chrome and, as others say, it's fine on Twitch's website so I assume it must be something to do with the embedded player change. I think it only started doing this over the past few days but I haven't been watching that many live streams so I don't know for sure.

edoone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: today same problem on giantbomb/chat page with twitch streams. That's a same. but with Firefox it works just fine, only having this issue with Edge chromium and Chrome browsers. Thanks Roire for helping us with this.

Advenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For what it's worth, I was having the white screen issue and noticed some cookies were being blocked even though I allowed Giant Bomb. By also allowing twitch.tv and the twitch player, it works now for me in chrome.

bug9329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To fix this, I allowed cookies from Twitch using the "Cookies" menu in Chrome (on the right part of the address bar just before the "star" icon for bookmarks). Click, select "Show cookies and other site data..." and then click on the "Blocked" tab. Select the cookies to allow and then click "Allow" at the bottom. When complete, click "Done".

meissnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I was having the same problem again but Advenger and bug9329's tips fixed it for me!