"Loading video" forever on mobile?

majorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For the last couple of weeks, no video will play on my phone. The window just flashes "loading video" forever without actually loading.

I am able to watch videos perfectly fine when logged into my account through the desktop site and my Roku so I'm unsure what the issue is. The videos refuse to load on my wifi or cellular data, so I don't think my connection has much to do with it. I've tried clearing browsing history and restarting my phone with no success.

I am using Safari on an iPhone 6 (iOS 11.0.3). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By htr10

GB videos load up very fast in Safari on my iPhone 6S.

You’re saying this is a problem with all videos or just GB videos?

majorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@htr10: Only GB videos, it's fine everywhere else.

I can watch the non-premium content on youtube if I'm on mobile, but personally would rather use the site. I just wonder if this has been an issue for anyone else or if there are any known fixes if it's my device/settings.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that it worked fine up until a couple weeks ago has me baffled. Not sure what has changed since that time. Maybe someone else has some ideas and can jump in. Bump.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@htr10: I've been having a problem on mobile where it doesn't resume and the loading "circle" just keeps spinning. So there's something off.

majorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By majorchin

@htr10: My first suspicion was that this has something to do with the iOS 11 update, but I can’t actually verify when it started happening in relation to when I updated my phone. I just know it’s been happening for a couple weeks and those two events seem to line up, although if no one else is experiencing this issue I have no idea.

majorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bill_mcneal: are you on iOS or Android? What version? I’m on iOS 11.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavymetalwaffle: Strangely enough I only have problems on iOS. I'm not running the recent one. I think I'm still on 10-whatever. When I'm on Android (my phone), I have no problems. Just my iPad.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Been having issues on my IPad too lately with playing Premium videos, ones that aren't Youtube based.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

We're definitely having some issues with the latest iOS update. It appears to be CBS-wide, though; not specifically just related to Giant Bomb. I know the video team is aware of the issue but I don't have an ETA on a fix, unfortunately.

majorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: That’s good to hear it is a known issue, thanks for the update!

VectortheAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rorie said:

We're definitely having some issues with the latest iOS update. It appears to be CBS-wide, though; not specifically just related to Giant Bomb. I know the video team is aware of the issue but I don't have an ETA on a fix, unfortunately.

That really sucks as iOS is the only way I am able to watch the premium content...

superjop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Just wanted to add I've had the same problem on the PS4's browser for the last couple of days.

christilton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I posted in the main video problems thread, but I want to point out I'm having the opposite problem. I can't view ANY GB videos on my Macbook or Windows PC. I can, however, view all the videos just fine on my iPhone.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By MocBucket62

@christilton said:

I posted in the main video problems thread, but I want to point out I'm having the opposite problem. I can't view ANY GB videos on my Macbook or Windows PC. I can, however, view all the videos just fine on my iPhone.

Yeah I'm having the same exact problem too. I don't have a PS4, but I can't watch anything on my MacBook Pro. Phone seems fine.

VectortheAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To make it more complicated. My iPhone 7 with the latest iOS update works fine but my older iPad 2 with a far older version of iOS is the one that gets the reported issue.

swimbuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By swimbuff

This happened to me as well, it's been roughly a few days since I've gotten the perpetual "Loading Video" issue. I'm watching it on the TV browser on an LG B6.

Edit: Nevermind, seems this is being actively addressed in another thread.

ahifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ahifi

@vectortheangel said:

To make it more complicated. My iPhone 7 with the latest iOS update works fine but my older iPad 2 with a far older version of iOS is the one that gets the reported issue.

My iPhone 5, running an old version of iOS, is also having the 'Loading Video...' issue. Started a few days ago.

Edit: Worth noting that I can watch on-demand vids by hitting 'download'; but I have no way to watch livestreams.

shadow961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ahifi said:

@vectortheangel said:

My iPhone 5, running an old version of iOS, is also having the 'Loading Video...' issue. Started a few days ago.

Edit: Worth noting that I can watch on-demand vids by hitting 'download'; but I have no way to watch livestreams.

Yeah, iPhone 5 here with an old version of iOS. Everything was fine in Safari and other browsers until recently.

squiggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iPad Air with an old version of iOS: same thing, videos are forever loading for the last couple of days. I can see them fine on the Video Buddy app.

SmokeyTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same issue for me using my Ipad Air on IOS 8.3. Tried using a few different browsers but always get the 'Loading Video' text.

Avatar image for arbyzz4dabrahzz
arbyzz4dabrahzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iPhone 6 with ios 9. Videos definitely aren't loading for me.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

We are looking into the same issue on PS4. Hopefully the resolution for that will solve the problems on iOS as well?

siggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By siggot

Still having this issue on an iPad FWIW. Tried Safari and Chrome

mfnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Having this issue on my iPad 2 as well. Can't watch any premium content. Works fine for videos on YouTube.

squiggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By squiggle

I am still having problems with this. I've had to download external apps just to watch premium content on mobile, which is not at all ideal.

SmokeyTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The PS4 browser fix has also fixed the issues on IOS 8.3.

siggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fixed for me on an older iPad. Time to catch up on what I've missed!