User Lists: 4

Delver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Delver

If you're running chrome, try disabling hardware acceleration in the advanced options at the bottom of the settings page. No idea if it'll help but that's been a temp workaround for crashes on the new R9 cards for AMD.

wintermute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Not sure how related this is but Firefox was causing the equivalent of a BSOD on my Mac until I disabled hardware acceleration in its settings (I'm using an NVidia card). So, sounds like a similar issue, at least.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Have you tried watching any other videos?

Atikmdag.sys BSOD's are one of the reasons I'm going NVIDIA next time. I've seen that error one too many times. The solution almost always involves uninstalling AMD drivers, running Driver Sweeper, and then re-installing them.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Atikmdag.sys BSOD's are one of the reasons I'm going NVIDIA next time. I've seen that error one too many times. The solution almost always involves uninstalling AMD drivers, running Driver Sweeper, and then re-installing them.

If you're using your gpu to do things that aren't actually optimised for it then it's gonna happen regardless of who you get your gpu from...

wintermute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

@alexw00d said:

@believer258 said:

If you're using your gpu to do things that aren't actually optimised for it then it's gonna happen regardless of who you get your gpu from...

Tasks it's optimized for or not, it should never cause a blue screen. If that is persistently happening, then something is going wrong inside the driver.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Maybe @tsubomi might be able to speak to this.

Chuugoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wanted to mention that this exact situation happened to me over the past few days, and it totally was an issue with hardware acceleration.

Apparently, a recent Firefox update somehow reset my acceleration setting, which ended up causing BSODs while using the HTML5 player (and ONLY the HTML5 player). If you're experiencing crashes, the setting you need to disable is in Options > Advanced > General > Browsing > Use hardware acceleration when available.

doublezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Software like your web browser or a video player on a website is not the cause of this.

You either have a driver problem (make sure your system is completely up to date) or a hardware failure.

It may be that you only have problems when hardware accelerated video decoding is being used, but that's a symptom of the problem, not the cause.