• 119 results
Avatar image for scottthepilgrim
#1 Posted by ScottThePilgrim (4 posts) -

Yo yo! (@rorie seems to be the one to tag here)

Seems I payed for a monthly subscription (with a card, not through PayPal) and - after refreshing page, logging out and in, and quitting and restarting Chrome - I'm not being recognized as a member. I got the key in the email and everything, and when I go to my account it shows my subscription key. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks a bunch! Stoked to be a subscriber! Now to catch up on some videos on my day off...

#2 Posted by Rorie (5615 posts) -

@scottthepilgrim: Hey there,

Sorry to hear about that. Sometimes the system just needs a kick in the pants. I manually updated you and saved your account, so you should be good to go. Thanks for being a subscriber!

Staff
Avatar image for scottthepilgrim
#3 Posted by ScottThePilgrim (4 posts) -

No worries, dude! Thanks a bunch!

#4 Edited by quasigoodandy (24 posts) -

I'm having the same problem. Subscribed through the site, not paypal. Tried logging out and clearing browser cache. Still no access to premium videos :/

#5 Posted by Rorie (5615 posts) -

@quasigoodandy: Is that still happening to you? It looks like you have the plaque now.

Staff
#6 Posted by ThunderSlash (2605 posts) -

@rorie: Is this problem being worked on by the engineering team? Or is it just some inherent side effect to how the payment system is hooked up?

#7 Posted by Rorie (5615 posts) -

@thunderslash: We're moving to a new payment processor in the next few weeks, so I'll probably just handle any issues manually until that's done. I'm sure the new system will have its own suite of bugs but it'll probably obviate any current bugs when the hookup for that is finally complete.

Staff
#8 Posted by HCARyan (69 posts) -

I'm having this problem too. Just subscribed to premium and I don't have any premium access.

#9 Posted by nicknacknob (12 posts) -

I just subscribed as well and need a manual update please :)

#10 Posted by HCARyan (69 posts) -

Ha, did you subscribe to see Dan Ryckert play world of warcraft? I'm figuring that's got to be worth something.

#11 Posted by HCARyan (69 posts) -

Interesting. I used the promo code that was emailed me and it looks like my account upgraded. So that might be a workaround.

#12 Posted by Rorie (5615 posts) -

@nicknacknob: Hmm, I'm trying to save your account but I'm not sure that it's working. Try logging out and logging back in and see if that unlocks the premium stuff for you.

Staff
#13 Posted by nicknacknob (12 posts) -

@hcaryan: yasss hahaha I really want to see how he will react!

@rorie: ah I just did and it works! I should have done that from the beginning haha. thank you!

#14 Edited by StabbyMcKnife (16 posts) -

Guess I'm not alone, I figured it would just take a few days but I subscribed and don't have any premium access yet either.

E: subscribed through the site, not PayPal. Dunno if I need to tag @rorie on this or not, new to the forums.

#15 Posted by deathfyre13 (3 posts) -

I'm having the same issue. Would appreciate the manual magic.

#16 Posted by Rorie (5615 posts) -

@deathfyre13: Sorry about that! Try logging out and back in if it doesn't appear shortly.

Staff
#17 Posted by Magmaros (7 posts) -

Hey Rorie, would you be able to check on mine, still hasn't updated yet

#18 Edited by Tall_Guy (27 posts) -

I, too, am having this issue. Please switch me over when you can. Sorry for the inconvenience!

e: Nevermind - for some reason, it fixed itself.

#19 Posted by LeeJ (21 posts) -

@rorie: Can you check up on my account as well? I'm having the same issue as OP. Thanks!

#20 Posted by Rorie (5615 posts) -

@leej: Sorry duder! Should be hooked up now.

Staff
#21 Posted by Akere (5 posts) -

I'm having the same problem wanted to support Dan and his transfer over to GB but can't watch him torment people with Mario Party.

#22 Posted by Rorie (5615 posts) -

@akere: Try watching now! Or logging out and back in if it's still not working.

Staff
#23 Posted by Akere (5 posts) -
#24 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1869 posts) -

I might be running into the same problem here: I'm suddenly a free member, and my billing history is empty. It's very possible that my subscription ran out, but I want to be sure of that. Thanks!

#25 Posted by ADN89 (2 posts) -

@rorie Count me in as another who has this issue. Subscription key and billing history are all good but I can't access premium content.

#26 Posted by Freedom35 (2 posts) -

I'm having this issue as well. I paid for premium, but can't watch the videos.

#27 Posted by laika (148 posts) -

@adn89 said:

@rorie Count me in as another who has this issue. Subscription key and billing history are all good but I can't access premium content.

I'm having this issue as well. I paid for premium, but can't watch the videos.

You guys should have access now. A real fix for this is in the works.

#28 Posted by chromo89 (22 posts) -

Same problem, just re-subscribed and logging out didnt fix anything.

#29 Posted by CapnQwark (15 posts) -

Hey Rorie, it happened to me now too. Just re-subbed after ending my subscription in April, but so far no dice on the premium access.

#30 Posted by tylambert86 (67 posts) -

I just subscribed and can't get it to work either :(

#31 Posted by chromo89 (22 posts) -

all good here now, thanks!

#32 Posted by Rorie (5615 posts) -
Staff
#33 Posted by RealLionheart (10 posts) -

Hey @rorie, you mind checking mine out when you get the chance? Same issue, signed up an hour ago and tried the log-out/log-in feature. My billing info shows I'm a subscriber but still get all the locks :( I desperately need to see that Mario Party video... Thx man!

#34 Posted by Rorie (5615 posts) -
Staff
#35 Posted by CapnQwark (15 posts) -

Awesome, thanks.

#36 Edited by mjbrune (175 posts) -

@rorie I wanted to just tack on to this thread but it's kind of the exact opposite problem. I let my subscription lapse for about a week without knowing it because I still had full access to the awesome premium content (Not to say other content is less awesome there is just more awesome available to view). I remembered getting an email warning about renewing and checked my renewal date. I somehow was watching premium content without renewing. I've renewed now so I can't provide you guys a repro but I wonder if somehow I got a bug with my account.

#37 Posted by Rorie (5615 posts) -

@mjbrune said:

@rorie I wanted to just tack on to this thread but it's kind of the exact opposite problem. I let my subscription lapse for about a week without knowing it because I still had full access to the awesome premium content (Not to say other content is less awesome there is just more awesome available to view). I remembered getting an email warning about renewing and checked my renewal date. I somehow was watching premium content without renewing. I've renewed now so I can't provide you guys a repro but I wonder if somehow I got a bug with my account.

There's a bit of a grace period at the end of a subscription period just in case someone's card is declined and they have to update it. It's around a week.

Staff
#38 Posted by bondbill2k2 (10 posts) -

Same issue here settings page hows my account as monthly premium but videos say I need a premium membership still. Love the random looking premium content thats been getting even more frequent since Dan joined so decided to try monthly out, if Its good I'll be going for an annual subscription

#39 Edited by j_boy (16 posts) -

Hey I'm having the same issue as the original poster. Paid via card, got the acceptance email, but no access to premium stuff yet. I appreciate the system might just take a few days to recognise me but if I could get a manual update that would be great. Eager to see the stuff I've been missing.

#40 Edited by Arjailer (146 posts) -

Same here - account page shows as Premium Monthly with a subscription key, but still getting "this video is only available to subscribers" :-(

Used a card, not Paypal, and logged out and back in with no luck.

Admittedly I only subscribed about 10 minutes ago - maybe I'm just too used to most things being instant on the web these days :-)

#41 Posted by lennoxxx (29 posts) -

I am experiencing this exact problem at the moment!

Any help would be super-duper!

#42 Posted by Chewok411 (2 posts) -

I'm having the same problem. Please help thanks.

#43 Posted by Rorie (5615 posts) -

@chewok411: Hey, I'll flip you on in a bit. Have you ever subscribed in the past?

Staff
#44 Edited by IcyEyes (608 posts) -

A few troubleshooting ideas:

1. Insure your payment has been processed. You should receive an email once this happens.
  2. Sign out, clear browser cache, close and reopen your browser and then sign back in to Giantbomb.
  3. Check your account status by going to "Billing" under account options. It should say "Premium Monthly / Yearly"
  4. If you don't receive an email about payment or see a change in your account status then email support.
#45 Posted by NarwhalNoel (2 posts) -

Hello, I'm a new subscriber as well and I am unable to access premium content. Whenever I try to click the subscriber videos it says I need to upgrade my account when I already did. I really enjoy Giant Bomb and look forward to watching your videos. Thanks so much!

#46 Posted by andy853 (10 posts) -

Im having the same problem if i can get some help please???

#47 Posted by laika (148 posts) -

@andy853 said:

Im having the same problem if i can get some help please???

You should be set now. Sorry for the trouble.

#48 Edited by spk6543 (3 posts) -

@laika:

I just signed up with the PAX deal. No premium for me yet either... Should I be doing something with this key code?

#49 Posted by laika (148 posts) -

@spk6543 said:

@laika:

I just signed up with the PAX deal. No premium for me yet either... Should I be doing something with this key code?

The issue is on our end, sorry. Should be set now.