No email notifications on created threads

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

I always thought that the option to get email notifications from the forums was a function that simply wasn't available on Giant Bomb, but recently I made a blog that I cloned to the forums and that got me email replies whenever someone posted a comment.

I've tried to both "Follow" and "Unfollow" a thread, but I never get any emails and have to go and check them manually.

What am I doing wrong?

Is it a bug?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

The option for blogs is to be notified whenever someone replies to one of them. For forum threads, you only get notifications when someone replies to you like this. @darkbeatdk . As far as I know, the following and unfollowing thing doesn't do anything, at least not related to notifications.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DarkbeatDK

@mike: Thanks for the tip. I think the "follow" option adds the thread to "Watched Topics", but a notification option, like other messageboards use, would be a welcome addition.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbeatdk: Yeah that is a pretty standard feature on most forum software. Who knows, maybe they can build it once they get settled in to the new office.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: The "Like" option that Jeff mentioned at some point would also be a neat feature to surface blogs, lists and posts, if there was a sorting option based on that. :)

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By wcarle

@darkbeatdk: @mike: I've added this feature request into our ticketing system, we'll get it scheduled!

Thanks for the input!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mike
wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By wcarle

@mike: That sounds like a useful feature, but as Joe said in that thread it may be a while before we get to it. I'll put a ticket in now so we don't lose track of it though.

Also, now that I've been here a while (almost a year now) I'd like to start posting more about what we're working on here in GB engineering. I've posted a few test blogs but I want to make it a regular feature. Stay tuned for that, I plan to have a big one ready for next week.