No Longer Able to Access Premium Videos

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I was watching UPF yesterday and it suddenly stopped, and after I refreshed, it told me to sign up for Premium to keep watching. Now the site is suggesting I'm not Premium anymore, and there's no billing info or record of my years of subbing to the site.

I've been a Premium sub for around 5 years now, and I saw no warning about my sub running out. I'm pretty certain I renewed by subscription back in December around Christmas. I always take advantage of any time there's a $35 sub sale. So, this is rather surprising.

Though it's the weekend, hopefully someone can help me out. I don't mind resubbing if my sub really ran out, but this came out of nowhere when I thought I had until December. I was planning on catching up on some recent Premium videos this weekend, too; so, this is frustrating.

Thanks for any help! :)

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2 chaser324  Moderator

Send an email to support@giantbomb.com and/or just PM @rorie.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: You know if he responds over the weekend? I did send an e-mail though.

Would a PM be more convenient?

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@truthtellah: Have you talked to Rorie? It looks like you've only ever been charged for one annual premium membership, unless you've done others under different emails.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: I've been subbed for a number of years, but yeah, after talking to Rorie, it sounds like my last recorded sub was last January. Since I can't seem to show my use of a $35 discount code in the Fall and just wanna get back to watching Premium videos, I'll see about buying a new sub today.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@fisk0
@truthtellah Yep!

If you have a confirmation send it over. Otherwise, we know that the billing company only charged once, from a couple of years ago.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#8  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Err, apparently I deleted my post when I wanted to edit it.

@jslack said:

@fisk0

@truthtellah Yep!

If you have a confirmation send it over. Otherwise, we know that the billing company only charged once, from a couple of years ago.

To make the confirmation email easier to find, it should be titled "Your Giant Bomb subscription‏", and be sent from no-reply@giantbomb.com. It doesn't seem to contain any transaction ID's if you pay directly with a credit card rather than PayPal though.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TruthTellah

@jslack: @fisk0 Yeah. Rorie said he'd look into if the billing system last Fall accidentally didn't accept my card. Since I don't appear to have received a receipt back then, I'm guessing that may have been what happened and I just didn't notice because I still had a few more months of premium on my account.