No post limit on my JPOP thread anymore?

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Hello!

I run the JPOP thread here on Giant Bomb. It's not the most popular thread on the site, so I have often in the past run up against the "no more than two posts in a row in any given thread" rule when trying to update it. I would have to wait for someone else to post in the thread before I could add another post of my own.

However, this post limit now seems to be disabled/broken on the JPOP thread. A week ago or so, I noticed that I had somehow posted three times in a row without seeing the message preventing me from doing so. Even now, I seem to be able to post again (four times in a row) if I chose to do so.

Maybe this is a site change that I didn't know about, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going against the forum rules by posting so many times in a row in this thread. I only post every two weeks, so I'm not constantly pushing the topic up to the top of the list, but I'm still worried about seeing some punishment for my "spam" in this thread.

Thanks!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

You're not going to get in trouble for posting every two weeks, that's for sure. It would take far more frequent posts than that in order for it to become disruptive. I don't know about the spam limiter thing, though. That's recent and no one else has even mentioned it before this.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Maybe someone posted and then deleted their post, thus resetting the 2 post in a row limit?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@bollard: That was the first thing I thought of as well, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Deleted posts aren't actually "deleted", users just can't see them and I believe they still count towards the spam filter anyway. But there were no deleted posts in that thread, good idea though.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@mike: Ah okay, I forgot you guys can still see them!