#1 Posted by DarthPapaBear (14 posts) -

When I first start a live stream, like the bombcast right now, the audio works for a moment and then stops. Sometimes I can pause it and start it again and it will work, but other times not so much. I just tried Chrome instead of Safari and still no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks

#2 Posted by Rorie (5781 posts) -

When I first start a live stream, like the bombcast right now, the audio works for a moment and then stops. Sometimes I can pause it and start it again and it will work, but other times not so much. I just tried Chrome instead of Safari and still no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hey, sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this; is this still an issue for you?

Staff
#3 Posted by DarthPapaBear (14 posts) -

It is. Happened yesterday during the Bombcast. Audio simply stops while the video continues.

#4 Posted by Stanos (3 posts) -

I have the same issue! Really strange. It also happens on West coast streams only - not NY streams, but it’s happened every time for a couple weeks. Can’t figure it out.

#5 Posted by SuperJoe (1226 posts) -

This has happened to me. I assumed it was my poor wireless reception causing it (AT&T, iPhone 6) because lowering the stream quality to Low stops the audio from going out.

#6 Posted by spiezer (3 posts) -

Hey guys. I've been having this issue too. I'm not sure when it started happening but it occurs with third party apps and the main site. I had the issue on 12.4 and the ios 13 beta on both my iPad and iPhone XS.

Footage of the issue

At about 9 seconds remaining on the video you can see the audio cut off. I think it's when you interact with the footage or it's loading new data. I have no idea.

Hope ya'll can figure it out.

#7 Posted by negativestrike (14 posts) -

It's happening for me right now, during the Bombcast. I tried Safari, Chrome, and Edge, all with the same result. It's somewhat intermittent. Sometimes I can listen for a few minutes, but the audio ultimately drops out completely. It also only on happens on west coast, live streams, for me.

#9 Posted by Humanity (18800 posts) -

@rorie: This has been an issue I've been noticing with increased frequency as well - seems to happen mostly on longer format videos (so basically any GB content). Sometimes it only goes for a few minutes before losing sound and sometimes it can be a good 20 or so in. Kind of a bummer when I had all these great E3 videos to listen to on the go but couldn't cause the audio would cut out.

#10 Posted by SuperJoe (1226 posts) -

@superjoe said:

This has happened to me. I assumed it was my poor wireless reception causing it (AT&T, iPhone 6) because lowering the stream quality to Low stops the audio from going out.

This has passed off to me. I assumed it was my poor wi-fi reception causing it (AT&T, iPhone 6) due to the fact reducing the move great to Low stops the audio from going out.

Filip Miucin is that you?

#11 Posted by SethMode (2019 posts) -

@superjoe: lol the exact style of post was done in the Bloodstained thread for a post that was a month and a half old. Very bizarre.