No sound on live streams on my iPhone

DarthPapaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When I first start a live stream, like the bombcast right now, the audio works for a moment and then stops. Sometimes I can pause it and start it again and it will work, but other times not so much. I just tried Chrome instead of Safari and still no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2 rorie  Staff

When I first start a live stream, like the bombcast right now, the audio works for a moment and then stops. Sometimes I can pause it and start it again and it will work, but other times not so much. I just tried Chrome instead of Safari and still no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hey, sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this; is this still an issue for you?

DarthPapaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is. Happened yesterday during the Bombcast. Audio simply stops while the video continues.

Stanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the same issue! Really strange. It also happens on West coast streams only - not NY streams, but it’s happened every time for a couple weeks. Can’t figure it out.

SuperJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

This has happened to me. I assumed it was my poor wireless reception causing it (AT&T, iPhone 6) because lowering the stream quality to Low stops the audio from going out.

spiezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys. I've been having this issue too. I'm not sure when it started happening but it occurs with third party apps and the main site. I had the issue on 12.4 and the ios 13 beta on both my iPad and iPhone XS.

Footage of the issue

At about 9 seconds remaining on the video you can see the audio cut off. I think it's when you interact with the footage or it's loading new data. I have no idea.

Hope ya'll can figure it out.

negativestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's happening for me right now, during the Bombcast. I tried Safari, Chrome, and Edge, all with the same result. It's somewhat intermittent. Sometimes I can listen for a few minutes, but the audio ultimately drops out completely. It also only on happens on west coast, live streams, for me.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 14

@rorie: This has been an issue I've been noticing with increased frequency as well - seems to happen mostly on longer format videos (so basically any GB content). Sometimes it only goes for a few minutes before losing sound and sometimes it can be a good 20 or so in. Kind of a bummer when I had all these great E3 videos to listen to on the go but couldn't cause the audio would cut out.

SuperJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

@superjoe said:

This has happened to me. I assumed it was my poor wireless reception causing it (AT&T, iPhone 6) because lowering the stream quality to Low stops the audio from going out.

This has passed off to me. I assumed it was my poor wi-fi reception causing it (AT&T, iPhone 6) due to the fact reducing the move great to Low stops the audio from going out.

Filip Miucin is that you?

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superjoe: lol the exact style of post was done in the Bloodstained thread for a post that was a month and a half old. Very bizarre.

Atmosbreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also have the issue. It’s been going on a for while. Happened during the E3 streams as well. I actually ended up switching over to youtube for those. I’m experiencing it again now trying to watch the steam sale stream.

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By holycrapitsadam

I also have this issue. Any ETA on a fix. Really frustrating to pay for Premium Content and then I can’t enjoy it until the archive is up

Another issue I’ve been experiencing is that the live streams will always revert back to the beginning of the stream if I refresh the page, so I have to scrub forward back to live.

And finally Archive videos don’t save where I left them last. I may stop watching a video mid video and when I come back to it later, it starts at the beginning and I have to scrub forward to where I left off.

If I’m paying $50 a year for this service, I expect it to work.

Please fix these issues

Sauce_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone found a solution to this? It happens to me in Safari on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Chrome on Mac seems to do a little better, but it's not flawless.

Everything is updated to the newest versions and this is running it on Auto quality setting.

Having some success today by running it on the Low setting, but that's not optimal.

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By holycrapitsadam

@rorie Had it happen twice on me just in the last 10 minutes trying to watch the Bombcast live.

Any ETA on a fix?

Currently using an iPhone X and iPad Air Gen 1

lanerobertlane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've noticed this issue too, it usually happens for me when going fullscreen or into picture-in-picture. I've assumed it was when the video auto adjusts the quality because the video size has changed.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#17 rorie  Staff

Let me reopen this issue with our engineers and see if any progress has been made on this; sorry for the trouble.

Sauce_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

negativestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This issue seemed to have been fixed for the past couple of months but it cropped back up in today's Bombcast (8/13/19). I am on iOS 12.4 using Safari. Regardless of which stream quality I choose, the audio drops out after several seconds while the video continues. Last time I saw this issue, I was able to resolve it by choosing low quality. That did not make a difference this time.