No video will play at all on any device.

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ryudo

Standard nor Premium videos will not play for me. Not on the Windows 10 App on my PC. Not on the Roku nor the Website. Website just never loads the video. Same with Roku. Win 10 App just gives me video file missing error. I also can't download them either. Just get an error page.

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I tried private browser sign out and yeah standard videos work as they are Youtube. Anything beyond that is a no go. Sucks as really wanted to watch some Premium content.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wild guess: your network is behind a firewall that is blocking the site that is hosting the GB videos.

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But it was working yesterday until it just suddenly stopped working.

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ryudo

Also this isn't just the PC but Roku as well.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ryudo: Your router / modem can also have a firewall.

Anyway, try doing a traceroute to giantbomb-pdl.akamaized.net. If you can't reach it, then something in your network or ISP is blocking traffic to and from there.

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do I do a traceroute?

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I just had a friend check from thier location under my account and the same problem. So it's not my network. It's something bugged on my account and Ikinda pissed no one on the staff is trying to help.

ciscoidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By ciscoidiot

Guessing because you're using a Roku that you're at home? If not are you on a network that isn't managed by you? Have you tried on your phone if possible? Have you tried making a new account to access videos?

Just thinking of ways you can isolate the issue to account / network / device etc...

Have you rebooted your PC or network devices?

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ryudo

I don't own a smartphone but not tried a new account. Thing is if I tried a new account I know I could get standard vids since they are Youtube. Yes I am at home.

ciscoidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryudo said:

I don't own a smartphone but not tried a new account. Thing is if I tried a new account I know I could get standard vids since they are Youtube. Yes I am at home.

The point of trying a new account is to see if it works on the site, since you're attempting to rule out an account issue as a form of troubleshooting. The exercise isn't to simply get you to Youtube to watch content, it's to isolate the problem.

Also, for the folks trying to help you out, have you provided this information to the support folks? This thread has some tips / pointers for identifying your issue. https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bug-reporting-33/how-to-submit-a-detailed-error-report-1807614/#1

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebooted my router yes and my roku. Not my PC but figured no need to now.

PlayGamesPaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By frobie  Staff

@ryudo Clear your cookies, relog, and try again. Sorry if my message was curt. I made a fix that should fix your issue.

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope still nothing. Even unlinked from roku and re linked. Re started the PC. The router. Cleared all cookies anc cache. I have done all that I know except cancel my subscription. Which I am close to doing because this is BS.

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just had a friend who lives in New York (I'm in Utah) try my account and again same thing. So please stop mentioning my network. it's NOT NOT NOT my network. It's on Giant Bombs end.

ciscoidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ciscoidiot

Have you tried a new account to check functionality? I'm only mentioning things simply to assist with your troubleshooting. Also, as @mushida mentioned, you should probably contact them via the support e-mail as well and utilize the bug reporting sticky to give them as much information as possible. Also, to satisfy my morbid IT support curiosity, have you rebooted your PC yet?

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 frobie  Staff

@ryudo Are you using your api key for anything else besides Roku? Do you mind if I reset it?

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah go ahead and reset if you think it will help. Thanks

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 frobie  Staff

@ryudo Try generating a new api key at https://www.giantbomb.com/api and watching a video. Let me know if you're unable to generate the key.

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got a new code but now I can't use the Win 10 app and still nothing will play on Roku nor the website except the live stream. I can get the Xbox live stream to work.

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 frobie  Staff

@ryudo If you installed the gb app on roku through their channel search, remove it. That one no longer works and may be causing users api key to get banned. Install the gb app through this link https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=HMQ2MJ and go through the syncing process again.

Does the Win 10 app also require some kind of account sync? I am not familiar with it.

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roku still won't play anything. Everythign is the same as before.

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 frobie  Staff

@ryudo If you unlink your account from the Roku app, are you able to play the free videos on Roku?

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 frobie  Staff

@ryudo I just sent a PM to you with direct video link with your api key attached. Are you getting an error message video? Or just a blank video?

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

timed out message

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 frobie  Staff

@ryudo I am going to scrounge up a Win 10 machine and try to replicate your issue.

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By frobie  Staff

@ryudo I wasn't able to replicate the issue. I was able to play the video with your api key on Win 10/Chrome. I PM'd a link to a GameSpot video that is hosted on the same CDN. If that video does not play then Gaff may have had the right idea. There may be a server between your location and our video servers that is dropping packets. If you're okay with it, you can try changing your DNS to a public one and maybe the new routing will fix the timeouts.

ciscoidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ciscoidiot

@frobie: What's interesting here is the information shared by @ryudo about having someone in NY log in and experience the same issue with the account.

What could possibly rule out a network/firewall issue is having OP log in with a standard account and attempt to view videos. If it works with another account, I'd have a hard time believing there's something filtering / dropping traffic in between. Not sure if it's been done yet, but it's why I suggested it.

Either way, changing DNS and/or trying a new account would be my suggested next steps. Also a trace route would be helpful.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By rorie

@ryudo: Can you try making a new account with a new email address and letting me know what it is? I can try hooking that account to Premium; if the videos don't work on that account, it should help us verify that it's either something in your account (most likely) or verify that it's an issue with your connection to the CDN.

RetroDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok here is the new account.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retrodragon: Alright, try watching now and we'll see what happens.

RetroDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RetroDragon

Google reset everything and I factory reset my router and they say it's something to do with your server. So I am all confused and no clue where to go from here. Everything has been reset form accounts to routers to Rokus to my PC to my account settings on my ISP.

RetroDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing works on this account either. You guys sure there was not some setting on the server,something small that was changed that had unexpected side effects?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Google reset everything and I factory reset my router and they say it's something to do with your server. So I am all confused and no clue where to go from here. Everything has been reset form accounts to routers to Rokus to my PC to my account settings on my ISP.

So I'm assuming you can't watch videos on the new account as well?

RetroDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By frobie  Staff
RetroDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah done that. :( Thanks for taking your time guys. I hope it's resolved at some point. Still appreociate the help.

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By frobie  Staff

@retrodragon Any browser plugins that may have automatically blocked akamaized.net on accident? Ghostery, uBlock, AdBlock, etc.

RetroDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this isn't working in a few days can my main account just be refunded please?

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 frobie  Staff

@retrodragon Yeah. Just shoot off an email to the support line. Sorry we couldn't get things fixed.

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got it working on Opera since it has a free VPN. So does that mean the problem is with Google Fiber?

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 frobie  Staff

@ryudo Traceroute sounds like the way to go. Set your DNS to the one your ISP provided and then:

For windows, open a cmd window and run: tracert giantbomb-pdl.akamaized.net

For mac, open a console window and run: traceroute giantbomb-pdl.akamaized.net

There may be a timeout somewhere between your location and the akamai edge servers which the ISP can fix.