No way to view old podcasts on mobile.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

On mobile, when viewing podcasts it only shows the latest episode for each category. There is no way (that I have seen) to browse older episodes. On desktop, older content is in the "previous episodes" portion of each category, which is unintuitive.

I would expect podcasts to be treated the same way as videos, where there is a landing page which shows every episode based on the category chosen.

koukou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By koukou
chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koukou said:

A quick fix is to force "desktop mode" in the browser settings.

Good find, this will work for me for now. :D

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It's too bad this is still a problem because for more specialty 'casts such as Alt+F1 that aren't on third party apps the website is the only way to experience them (that I know of).

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@brendan said:

It's too bad this is still a problem because for more specialty 'casts such as Alt+F1 that aren't on third party apps the website is the only way to experience them (that I know of).

There's a premium podcast RSS feed.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@corevi said:
@brendan said:

That's what I use

EthanML

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wait, why aren't you just using an actual podcast app..? Surely it's a far better experience.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Yes, it is easier to use a podcasts app on your phone, but yes, we should make the mobile site better in this regard.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack said:

Yes, it is easier to use a podcasts app on your phone, but yes, we should make the mobile site better in this regard.

It's so refreshing having staff with this mindset here on Giant Bomb. Honestly, you guys are not praised enough.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: Yeah, the listening to the podcasts isn't so much a huge issue for me, in that a podcast app usually makes things easier. But if, say, I finish listening to an older podcast on my phone, if I'd like to leave a comment on it, there's no easy way to access them on the mobile site.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@baillie: No promise when it will come, but it's something I want to do.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: No rush, it's obviously not a priority. Just nice to have some input from the staff. There are things like this that I have kind of noticed, one is that on a game wiki, the Game Details aren't shown on the mobile, neither is the upcoming section on the main page. Neither are that big of an issue, it's just that having things missing on the mobile site is a bit of a bummer.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiablo: Can't you just download mp3's from the site on a PC and then transfer the files onto your phone using a cable?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Except that for some reason Giant Bomb is the only site for me that refuses to switch to the full desktop version of the site, even when I ask it to force it. It loads the mobile version no matter what.

Does it not switch at all? Or is it just going all "responsive design" on you that makes it look the same. If I request desktop site on my phone and scroll all the way past the podcast comments the previous episodes are listed there.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@villainy said:
@liquidprince said:

Except that for some reason Giant Bomb is the only site for me that refuses to switch to the full desktop version of the site, even when I ask it to force it. It loads the mobile version no matter what.

Does it not switch at all? Or is it just going all "responsive design" on you that makes it look the same. If I request desktop site on my phone and scroll all the way past the podcast comments the previous episodes are listed there.

It doesn't load at all, as in, it refreshes the page and then it's still the mobile version. Even when you try to remove the m in the m.giantbomb.com link, it automatically loads back into mobile.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GaspoweR

@corevi said:
@brendan said:

That's what I use

Yep, same here, I use the premium podcast RSS feed as well.

They can be found here.