#1 Edited by Nightriff (7193 posts) -

Notifications are not working for me again. Only noticed by accident that someone replied to me by looking at a thread but received no notification up top. Could be the only one but I haven't changed any settings.

EDIT: Last one it lists is from 2 days ago, looking at threads I've commented on I've missed at least 3 replies

#2 Posted by Monkeyman04 (2792 posts) -

Yup, same here. No notifications on the website, but I still get the email.

#3 Posted by jSlack (1186 posts) -

Looking into it. Thanks for reporting.

#4 Posted by Sinusoidal (3608 posts) -

I used to laugh at all these notifications-not-working threads because mine always worked.

Until now...

I've missed at least 2 replies over the past couple of days.

Thanks.

#5 Edited by Slag (8155 posts) -

Straight busted for me too

edit: using Chrome latest version if that matters

#6 Posted by Bollard (8141 posts) -

Yep, just realised mine are busted too when I went back to a thread I had posted in and saw I got 2 replies.

#7 Posted by BisonHero (11564 posts) -

Hey @jslack, I think the activity feeds broke around the same time as the notifications. My activity feeds for my stuff or other people's stuff don't have anything newer than the afternoon of February 3rd.

#8 Posted by probablytuna (5008 posts) -

Same for me. Last notification was on 30th of January.

#9 Posted by viking_funeral (2881 posts) -

@bisonhero said:

Hey @jslack, I think the activity feeds broke around the same time as the notifications. My activity feeds for my stuff or other people's stuff don't have anything newer than the afternoon of February 3rd.

I was wondering about that. Other people's stuff is updating, but none of my stuff.

#10 Edited by jSlack (1186 posts) -

@viking_funeral: They did. We are still working on the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#11 Posted by viking_funeral (2881 posts) -

@jslack: Hey, no worries. Thanks for being awesome and fixing stuff.

#12 Posted by thatpinguino (2846 posts) -

It looks like notifications might not be working again. I received a few replies on one of my blog posts and I did not get any notifications.

Staff
#13 Posted by fisk0 (6843 posts) -

It looks like notifications might not be working again. I received a few replies on one of my blog posts and I did not get any notifications.

Yeah, it seems to have been on and off in the past couple of days, of the forum threads I've been able to verify, it seems I've gotten notifications for about half the replies I've gotten.

#14 Posted by BisonHero (11564 posts) -

Yeah, notifications are broken again. It was working for like, 48 hours or so. Maybe even 72!

#15 Edited by Corevi (6796 posts) -
@bisonhero said:

Yeah, notifications are broken again. It was working for like, 48 hours or so. Maybe even 72!

Confirming brokenness.

#16 Posted by GERALTITUDE (5988 posts) -

I was getting notifications up until February 8.

Now they are bust.

It's probably @bisonhero's fault. He replied to me a lot February 6 and just sunk the whole network I think.

:D

#17 Posted by Yummylee (24646 posts) -

>=/

#18 Posted by BisonHero (11564 posts) -

@geraltitude said:

I was getting notifications up until February 8.

Now they are bust.

It's probably @bisonhero's fault. He replied to me a lot February 6 and just sunk the whole network I think.

:D

I REGRET NOTHING

#19 Posted by Aegon (7301 posts) -

Just chiming in with the rest to say it's broken.

#20 Edited by fisk0 (6843 posts) -

I did just get one reply notification an hour ago (last one before that was two days ago). So I wouldn't say it's entirely down, it just decides not to notify you about half or more of the replies.

#21 Posted by dbtdub (18 posts) -

Hey ppl, we had a template change that broke notifications going out for pushing the 'reply' button, but still worked for '@mentioning' someone. The code fix for the issue has been live for a few days. Holler at me in this thread if it's working as expected, do the same if it's not!

Staff