On-site notifications stopped working

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

The little bell at the top seems to have stopped updating for me in late September. This is on Google Chrome. I'm on the latest version.

It's not only just not lighting up, but not updating when I get replies and such. Last update was on Sept 27. I triple checked if my site notifications settings changed, but they're still the same. I've tried logging out, deleting cache and logging back in, stuff like that, but there seems to be a glitch somewhere.

I tried both my phone and a desktop browser, but I imagine it's just a Chrome specific quirk.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BisonHero

My last notification is from September 28th, but I believe there's a thread or two where someone has replied to me since then, come to think of it. This is consistent across Chrome on my desktop browser and Safari on my mobile browser, so I'm tending to assume this is a site issue and not browser-specific.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: that's actually really good to know that I'm not the only one experiencing it. Thank you for chiming in!

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Chiming in here, it's happening to me as well. Thanks for making a thread about it, I was thinking of it and got caught up with school work this week so I didn't get around to it.

This is happening for me with Firefox on desktop, and Chrome on mobile.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5 FinalDasa  Moderator

Sweet freedom.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Hey this is currently being looked into by the engineers; sorry for the trouble.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: no worries, just thought I'd make that a known issue. Thanks for the response.