Paying member seeing ads?

Avatar image for godsaremonsters
GodsAreMonsters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I thought as a paying member of Giant Bomb we were supposed to get an add free experience. I'm not sure when it changed. Maybe a couple weeks ago, but I've getting ads on the front page for a while now. Is this a glitch or are paying members subject to ads now? If that is the case was an effort made to let us know? I listen to the podcast every week and look at the page everyday and I don't recall being in anyway informed if that is indeed a policy change. If that is the case if you could point me in the direction of this notification I would appreciate it. And please don't tell me it was a forum message as that is like having printed it on the last page of a newspaper.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Mister_V

Must be a glitch or something. I'm not seeing any ads.

Maybe @rorie could shed some light.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I haven't seen any, hope Rorie gets you some help, if not submit a bug report

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By jslack

Hey @godsaremonsters. There has not been a policy change. You are supposed to be having an ad-free experience.

If you are seeing ads as a logged in member, something glitched. I would like to help, and to find out why.

Did your membership run out, and then you re-upped, without logging out, by any chance? Does the issue go away when you log out, and log back in?

Also, what do you mean by: "And please don't tell me it was a forum message as that is like having printed it on the last page of a newspaper."?

Where exactly did you see the ad?

mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@jslack said:

Also, what do you mean by: "And please don't tell me it was a forum message as that is like having printed it on the last page of a newspaper."?

I think he is talking about the supposed policy change being announced as a forum message and those generally having little visibility on the main page of the site. Which I guess the last page of a newspaper has as well?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I have never seen ads, even when I was a monthly subscriber. It's most likely a bug because I don't see any ads as of this moment.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for godsaremonsters
GodsAreMonsters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you all for your help. I had tried logging out and back in at the time and there were still ads. So I just let it go for a while. I recently tried logging out and back in and they went away. My subscription running out and me re-upping is exactly what had happened. Also @mx is absolutely right.

Thanks again