Podcast player skips forward while paused.

vasari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I noticed that when I paused the podcast player and then started it back up later, it didn't seem to be playing from the place I left off. I just paused the player and took note of how far in I was. I paused at exactly 40 minutes, and about a minute later it was on 40 minutes and 7 seconds. So it seems like something is causing it to jump ahead. I'm on OSX using google chrome, if that helps.

Avatar image for deactivated-629e884eb03d8
deactivated-629e884eb03d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I get the same thing except the podcast will go back in time like 30 minutes some times.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Trying to duplicate. It seems to me like the podcast might have only been partially downloaded when you paused it?

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vasari@spakkle Just to confirm, over the holidays I was able to replicate. Super annoying. Thanks for reporting, trying to figure this one out.

genericHenle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Same thing happens to mine. Even after the whole thing is buffered. I've learned to just download the podcast to save from headaches.

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I get the same kind of issue but mine goes backwards. Using google Chrome

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vasari@spakkle@generichenle@ozzie Alright, so, I'm curious what you guys are using for an environment? I was able to isolate the issue to Windows (7/8) w/ Chrome flash API. Seems to have to do with the chrome flash plugin, in combination with windows that causes some playback timestamp issues. I'm going to try to write a patch for this test case, but I'm curious what environments you guys have? Things work fine on my OSX Yosemite / Chrome.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@jslack: I'm on Windows 7 64bit on whatever the latest version of chrome is. I also have issues with the podcast rewinding several minutes upon pausing

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, just ran into the same problem using Linux Mint 16 and Chrome 39.0.2171.95 (64-bit). Whenever I pause it skips either forwards or backwards.

Zamolxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me the podcast crashes my Chrome browser everytime. Literally everytime. On two OS installs.

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@jslack: Window's 7, 64bit, Chrome version: 39.0.2171.95 m