Premium member + ads

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just renewed my subscription and I'm still getting banner ads on the website. I'm not getting ads on the videos though and I can watch subscriber videos.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Baillie

Silver members still get ads.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@baillie said:

Silver members still get ads.

I was a silver member for a year and a half and never got any ads. I've heard others say the same. It seems like kind of a crapshoot on that front. Unless, in the last year, they finally fixed it.

omghisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Niceanims

My guess is if you bought a silver sub prior to the change, you don't get ads.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god dammit. Yeah I had it before the change but stopped supporting for a bit. Well, I guess I'll see if there's enough subscriber content to keep me on. I mainly subscribe to not have ads.

m16mojo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just use ad block. I don't feel "too" bad about it, because I am still supporting the site. Also a few other Chrome extensions.

Shoey920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shoey920

so wait... the people who pay $60 a year for premium content see ads but the people who pay $50 don't.

that seems really fair.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

try logging out and logging back in

Shoey920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for what it's worth I don't see ads for whatever reason, but incentivizing one payment model over another is kind of gross. We're all supporting the site monetarily, a distinction doesn't need to exist.

swimbuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

try logging out and logging back in

I second this. Clearing cookies may also help.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Baillie

@shoey920 said:

so wait... the people who pay $60 a year for premium content see ads but the people who pay $50 don't.

that seems really fair.

Yeah, but then you also have a large number of people who will sign up for one month, and grab all the premium content and then unsubscribe.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@baillie said:

@shoey920 said:

that seems really fair.

Yeah, but then you also have a large number of people who will sign up for one month, and grab all the premium content and then unsubscribe.

What he said. Someone could just download all the back catalog during the month, absorb the new sub stuff for that month, then quit out only to do it again in another 6 months or something.

Shoey920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey that's actually a good point. Perhaps a compromise where new premium members on monthly payment get no ads after 3 consecutive months?

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've been a monthly member since the subscriptions started and I've never seen ads. It doesn't bother me either way as I don't mind ads but it's weird that some silver members don't see ads.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@shoey920 said:

Hey that's actually a good point. Perhaps a compromise where new premium members on monthly payment get no ads after 3 consecutive months?

So a mechanism that kind of rewards your sticking around? I like that idea. I don't know if 3 consecutive months is the answer, but something like that. Someone should suggest this idea to Rorie.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@shoey920 said:

So a mechanism that kind of rewards your sticking around? I like that idea. I don't know if 3 consecutive months is the answer, but something like that. Someone should suggest this idea to Rorie.

That seems like a good compromise actually.