Premium videos on Samsung TV?

Tisasecret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm a brand new premium member and trying to watch on my Samsung Smart TV Web Browser. Video plays fine but can't seem to skip ahead at all. Anyone else have this issue? I've tried clicking ahead on progress bar. Double clicking. Clicking and holding. Triple clicking. Clicking while shouting profanities. Clicking with my left hand. Clicking with my right hand. Pausing the video and clicking forward. Nothing works.

Tried video players from other websites and they worked. Tried the GB video on my iPad and that worked. For some reason the Samsung browser won't let me click ahead in the video. Tried changing all the settings as well. Any ideas?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I'm a brand new premium member and trying to watch on my Samsung Smart TV Web Browser. Video plays fine but can't seem to skip ahead at all. Anyone else have this issue? I've tried clicking ahead on progress bar. Double clicking. Clicking and holding. Triple clicking. Clicking while shouting profanities. Clicking with my left hand. Clicking with my right hand. Pausing the video and clicking forward. Nothing works.

Tried video players from other websites and they worked. Tried the GB video on my iPad and that worked. For some reason the Samsung browser won't let me click ahead in the video. Tried changing all the settings as well. Any ideas?

You know what browser tech that TV is based on?

Tisasecret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well on the "about" tab of the browser it says-

Samsung Smart TV Web Browser

Version 1.1.0.1214 (Tizenbrowser)

I'm not sure that helps.....

Thanks for the follow up!

TommyTours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TommyTours

Did anything come of this? I'm having the same issue.

Thought I'd search if anyone else had mentioned this before I made a new thread, and found this one.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#5 fisk0  Moderator

I have a Samsung TV running the same browser and could use it to watch premium videos up until the player change a few months ago.

The browser they use on those Samsung Smart TV's sadly hasn't been updated since 2014 though, which is probably what's causing that incompatibility.

TommyTours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I figured it would just be a crappy browser causing the issue. It's a shame, but I'm not losing sleep over it.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

What if you just click one of the download links that leads directly to an mp4 file? Can the browser play those?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure we have a Samsung TV around here that we can use to test this, unfortunately. If what fisk says about the browser is true, though, there might not be much we can do. I'll see if I can find a smartTV though!

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#9 fisk0  Moderator

@rorie: It's possible this has changed with the latest models of Samsung Smart TV's too, mine is a budget model from 2015, which uses the Samsung Smart Hub for apps. Sounds like 2016 models run a different OS with a new app store and potentially a different browser.

I only know for certain that those Smart Hub based TV's have this old TizenBrowser version in them, and I've seen plenty of complaints in the Samsung forums about the browser not being updated.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rorie

@fisk0 said:

@rorie: It's possible this has changed with the latest models of Samsung Smart TV's too, mine is a budget model from 2015, which uses the Samsung Smart Hub for apps. Sounds like 2016 models run a different OS with a new app store and potentially a different browser.

I only know for certain that those Smart Hub based TV's have this old TizenBrowser version in them, and I've seen plenty of complaints in the Samsung forums about the browser not being updated.

In the end it might be a difficult for us to support a not-widely-used browser like this, unfortunately. We'd love to support everything but in the case of a browser that hasn't been updated since 2014 it might not be possible for us to even test what's wrong with it, let alone fix the problem.