#1 Edited by christamofo (56 posts) -

Premium Videos wont load on my PS4 browser anymore, I Can't watch beat in the east ep5 or the latest blue bombing. Has something changed in the last week?

#2 Posted by Blannir (352 posts) -

Same problem here, it's been broken for me since Tuesday. Free videos I can switch to YouTube and watch fine but I'm screwed for any premium stuff.

Please help us engineer-duders!

#3 Posted by MATATAT (1085 posts) -

Is this where it won't try to use the HTML 5 player? I've had issues on occasion where the PlayStation will try and play the Flash stream, but then it says that PlayStation doesn't use Flash. It usually goes away. I wasn't sure if it was video playlists being available or something. Not really sure how their player works.

#4 Posted by Nixamo (31 posts) -

Borked on my PS4 (and Wii U) as well. Worked on Monday, but starting on Tuesday the white circle just spins and spins when trying to use HTML5 player.

#5 Edited by gooster (10 posts) -

Having the same issue. Won't work on HTML5 setting, but the videos will load for me under Progressive

#6 Edited by holt_allen (10 posts) -

Same problem here. Works fine on my PC and Android phone.

#7 Posted by TanookiSuit (489 posts) -

Same here. Progressive and YouTube still work, but I hate the YouTube quality and cant seem to skip around on Progressive, so this is extra annoying when trying to go back to where I left off in a video.

Please fix HTML5 :(

#8 Posted by Quarters (2591 posts) -

Same issue. Progressive still works however, HTML5 seems to be the only trouble spot.

#9 Posted by xwillx (22 posts) -

Can confirm this problem as well. Feel like it happend after 4.5 update.

#10 Posted by hack1501 (16 posts) -
@xwillx said:

Can confirm this problem as well. Feel like it happend after 4.5 update.

This issue popped up for me before the update.

#11 Posted by Heycalvero (235 posts) -

Confirming this from Germany. Noticed it only after the firmware update, but it could have started earlier.

#12 Posted by FunkyS (146 posts) -

I've got the same problem, YouTube and progressive still work, streaming doesn't.

#13 Posted by GiantLennonx_x (239 posts) -

I'm having the same issues 😢

#14 Posted by KrypticKiller (207 posts) -

Also having this issue. I sure hope someone is on this! Can't use chrome to watch premium videos on PC and now ps4 is broken. I'm literally just giving money away at this point!

#15 Edited by Inresurrection (277 posts) -

Heads up to people with this issue: when I switched from HTML5 to progressive on my PS4 I was having extreme audio / video sync issues. I turned the quality from HD to High and it fixed the problem and I'm able to watch GB content on my PS4 again, but I have to stick with progressive. Hope this HTML5 issue gets resolved soon.

#16 Edited by CyrusRaven (1 posts) -

I was having this problem as well untill I clicked on settings the little gear icon in the lower right on videos and clicked on the progressive option everything plays fine now. Hope this helps.

#17 Posted by danlongman (134 posts) -

I've also had this problem lately. Been using XBMC addon in mean while but that only does 720p for somereason. want that 1080p goodness.

#18 Edited by Inresurrection (277 posts) -

It would be cool if we got some kind of heads-up about a coming fix for this from somebody - I don't mean to sound impatient but my PS4 is my sole way of watching GB content right now. My laptop display is pretty messed up. On PS4, progressive mode works, but it's not super reliable. For the new Yakuza video I had to mess around with quality settings before progressive worked for me.

#19 Edited by Marslander5000 (3 posts) -

Yep HTML5 won't work for me on PS4 had the same audio sync problem as inresurrection switching to high at least allowed me to play the video

#20 Posted by Rorie (4128 posts) -

Just OOC, are you all on wired or wireless connections to the PS4? I just loaded up the latest Beast in the East and it seems to be playing in HTML5/HD mode OK. But I'll keep poking around.

Staff
#21 Edited by Inresurrection (277 posts) -

@rorie: I'm running wired through a powerline adapter. Sadly HTML5 is still not working on my end.

#22 Posted by GiantLennonx_x (239 posts) -

@rorie: I'm using wireless if that helps.

#23 Posted by Rorie (4128 posts) -

Alright, it does look like I have issues with HTML5 on my home machine, so it might be a bandwidth issue. Progressive does seem to work OK so I would recommend using that while we try to figure out what's causing this.

Staff
#24 Posted by Inresurrection (277 posts) -

@rorie: Thanks for the heads up, Rorie!

#25 Posted by dnosoup (4 posts) -

Thank you, Rorie. I can also confirm that the HTML5 player has stopped working on my PS4 in the last few days. While progressive mode works, the video is very choppy and doesn't seem to play very well.

#26 Posted by Slowpork (31 posts) -

@rorie Can confirm that a 100 mbit wired connection wont play HTML5, so I'm not so sure about bandwidth being the issuue.

#27 Posted by optimalpower (211 posts) -

I have the same issues.

Can't watch anything live now either without HTML5. Wired connection.

#28 Edited by Gaminggumper (108 posts) -

@gooster: Progressive "works" but has serious audio stuttering when in "HD". If I turn down to "High" the audio issues go away, it does occasionally pause playback for no discernible reason though. Also have 100mb connection, though house has a lot of traffic.

#29 Posted by Rorie (4128 posts) -

I believe Will figured out what is causing this and a fix should be out sometime this week.

Staff
#30 Posted by wcarle (281 posts) -

Yep fix coming this week!

Staff
#31 Posted by symbyosys (59 posts) -

@rorie: I see you guys figured out a fix! Just chiming in that HTML5 vids don't work, I have to switch to progressive, high quality. On a wired connection, original PS4 with latest firmware. Thanks y'all