Problem with skip to live button and volume controls on live video player

thejke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sometimes when watching a live video the player thinks it is caught up, and sometimes it thinks it is slightly behind. This causes the skip to live button to pop up and go away unpredictably. The problem is that the volume control is to the right of the skip to live button, so if the skip to live button comes up or goes away it moves the location of the volume controls. If I have the volume control up when this happens, they disappear. It has also caused me to accidentally pause videos, or even click on the progress bar, when I click just after the volume control disappears.

I don't know if this could be considered a bug, but it is an ongoing problem for me.

Could the volume control be moved to the left of the skip to live button, in order to prevent this from happening? Or perhaps the location of the skip to live button could always be set, while it is not always visible, so when it pops up it doesn't move the volume controls.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@thejke: Which browser are you using? I have not seen this personally; think you could take a short cellphone video the next time you see it happening?

thejke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am using chrome. Here is a video of it happening.

https://youtu.be/jyQeUr35VfI

As you can see the volume control gets pushed out of the way. So if I was about to click to change the volume and it moved, I would either pause the video or click on the progress bar.

thejke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Here is another video. This one shows how frequently it happens.

https://youtu.be/zXWEMMUGKEQ

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@thejke: Does this happen in any other browsers or just Chrome? Does it happen in Chrome incognito?