• 102 results
yeliwofthecorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By yeliwofthecorn

Hopefully this hasn't already been covered, I tried looking around a bit first and couldn't find anything.

My issue is with the video player. The progress bar (or tracking bar? the bar at the bottom of the player) doesn't disappear on a certain setup I have. On my desktop PC it's fine, but I recently hooked up an old tower to my TV and for some reason on that setup it never goes away. Other video players don't seem to have this problem (youtube, vimeo, etc.) but it makes it very difficult to watch premium content on the TV.

I have tried all the standard troubleshooting steps (switched between progressive, html, and progressive) turning off the mouse, moving it everywhere I can, etc.

• Browser: Chrome
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • Type Of Player: All
  • Adblock: Off

I don't know if the issue is on my end or not, but given that the issue is only with this specific video player I decided to ask for some help. Also, if this question would be better suited for the main video player bugs thread, please let me know.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Do you have a gaming mouse by any chance? As a developer I ran into a similar issue with Logictech drivers that kept reporting micro movement even if no mouse was plugged in.

Did you make sure you have the latest version of Flash?

Can you get away from Vista? I mean that's the first thing anyone would look at and say "There's yer problem!"

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've been having the same issue recently as well on both my MacBook Pro (Mavericks) and my PC (Windows 7). Only happens in fullscreen.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been having the same issue recently as well on both my MacBook Pro (Mavericks) and my PC (Windows 7). Only happens in fullscreen.

I have 3 different MBPs all with Mavericks and cannot reproduce this. Do you have any special kind of hardware or maybe professional video editing software installed? Anything beyond simple stuff like Word, Excel games etc.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgework said:

@captain_felafel said:

I have 3 different MBPs all with Mavericks and cannot reproduce this. Do you have any special kind of hardware or maybe professional video editing software installed? Anything beyond simple stuff like Word, Excel games etc.

No special hardware, and the closest piece of professional editing software I've installed in Photoshop CS5. It is incredibly sporadic and only happens once every 10-20 videos, but when it does happen I have to refresh the page to get it to disappear properly.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgework said:

@captain_felafel: Do you watch stuff on hulu a lot by chance?

Not sure if you're trying to troubleshoot, or a bizarre marketing research email. :P

But no, I've used Hulu, like, once.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_felafel: LOL. I mention hulu because I know its player has similar issues. I'm fairly sure its a bug in Flash. If you had special hardware or professional editing software that stuff tends to mess with the mouse wether you're using it or not which would account for the overlays not going away, but absent of that I'd have to say for you its a Flash issue. For OP I would point at Vista being the worst POS OS that Microsoft ever put out (and I'm not usually a MS hater).

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgework said:

@captain_felafel: For OP I would point at Vista being the worst POS OS that Microsoft ever put out (and I'm not usually a MS hater).

That's a real controversial stance you're taking there, Edgework. :P

Torabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having this issue as well. At least with the HTML 5 player it won't go away.

IR240474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By IR240474

What you do is hover your mouse to the lower left corner of the screen where the play button is, the progress bar should disappear in 1-3 seconds.

I found the info from http://superuser.com/questions/829744/video-progress-bar-will-not-go-away-in-full-screen I saw that the users here were having the same problem as my self and it works.

Hover over the play button on full screen.. i love the internet and sharing!!

rasnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MichaelMLP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was having the same problem as well, and I went to my mouse settings and DESELECTED "Enhance Pointer Precision". That cleared up the problem for me.

Michael

GBRSGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I realize this is an old thread, but I am having this issue while on mobile (samsung s7, regardless of browser.) Started when the video player was changed a little bit ago, and the interface hasn't faded out since.

srk_mcrae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same problem as @fistedbygosling , using my Droid Turbo 2 regardless of browser.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting the same thing with chrome on my galaxy s5.

abomunist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Confirmed on My Galaxy S8 edge. Will not disappear.

TViddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just long press on the screen until it does a little flash. The bar and icons will disappear after a couple seconds.

steveurkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There seems to be issues with the progress bar on desktop and on mobile. Interestingly enough using mobile the progress bar is at the TOP and doesn't go away so the entire video you have a RED BAR MOVING and its incredibly irritating. I've brought it up several times and no one seems to care.

Also on mobile when watching a video that is being live streamed it has an INFINITE loading circle. I have an iphone 7 and a samsung tab s2 and on both of them using WIFI or just my phone carrier the bar spins infinitely. It goes away when I "request mobile" but that has a whole other sets of problems on mobile.

Do I need to start a new thread for this issue or are people aware of the progress bar at the top of videos? It has made me go to youtube to watch any giant bomb videos except live ones (which I can't watch due to the infinite streaming thing) on mobile.

giantmidget999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tviddy: Thanks I was having the same problem and that fixed it

RotBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is happening for me again on desktop Chrome, Windows 7 and Windows 10. Mouse won't go away, controls won't go away. I can switch to the Youtube viewer to fix it, but that's not an option for premium vids.

giantmidget999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem came back as soon as I exited full screen

jojjo333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jojjo333

I'm seeing this happen in the last couple of days. At least it's not only me :)

Youtube player works fine - as pointed out by @rotbot. I'm watching the videos on a Win 10 laptop. Should mention that haven't watched GB content on my stationary PC for a coupe of days, so i don't know if it occurs there as well (Win 10) - perhaps it's fine over there. Will try it out tomorrow.

Edit: Same problem. However, I got a second monitor on the stationary PC so i can circumvent the problem by dragging the mouse, "hiding" it, on the screen I'm not watching the video on.

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This started happening today for me. Not seen the problem before with new video player.

Firefox 53.0.2, Windows 10

mjhwwbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same issue on Chrome, Windows 10.

CaptainBeaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CaptainBeaky

Started happening for me yesterday too. HTML & Progressive Player, Chrome 58.0.3029.110 (64 bit), OSX 10.9.5

Update: Also tried this on my Macbook running OS Sierra and my Windows 10 machine with same results.

Zer0Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Zer0Evil

The player menu/controls won't disappear when in fullscreen on PS4.

Tomba_be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video player controls on the site don't disappear in fullscreen. W10, updated Chrome. Seems to be happening for a few days now, both in the HTML5 and Progressive modes. They do disappear in the "small" player, and in the Embiggen mode. Also do not disappear in Fill Browser mode.

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same here.

DinK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This started happening to me today as well, in multiple browsers (Chrome and Edge) across multiple machines. Mouse and progress bar won't go away. Youtube works fine, indicating to me it's not a mouse movement issue.

On a machine with two monitors, the progress bar goes away immediately when I move the mouse off the screen, but on a machine with one monitor that's not an option. Maybe the bug is with something that keeps the mouse active on screen.

JustinRT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am also having this problem.

I'm on Windows 10. I can't get the progress bar/controls to go away on either Chrome or Edge.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Had this problem with UPF this evening too in Safari OS whatever is latest.

Avatar image for misadventurelnd
Misadventurelnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not a solution but if you click the "download" button and then the HD button it will play the video in your browser and that video player behaves correctly.

ZipCrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Same issue here. It was just doing it in fullscreen so I started watching it fill the browser mode thing and then after I paused it and came back, same video, it's doing that in that mode now too. Really annoying, especially since there's were the faces are. Windows 10. Chrome. Just started yesterday I think.

Sen0r_Awes0me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sen0r_Awes0me

Fullscreen of the GBE Megadate had a non-disappearing progress bar at the eye level of three of the hosts.

• Browser: Chrome
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • Adblock: Off
D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#36  Edited By D_W

Same issue here. Wins 7, Firefox. Tried some of the solutions mentioned in this thread, but none worked.

Also tried closing and reopenning my browser as sometimes that fixes issues I've had with wonky video things, but that didn't do anything.

avyshue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll throw my hat in this ring, since it seems the report problem with the video player button disappeared right before i had my first ever problem with the video player. win 10, chrome if it matters.

CamGearz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, just wanted to report this on my end as well. Using the PS4 browser as it's the usual way I like to watch GB on my tv. Happens only during full screen, the progress bar goes away when it's the normal small player on the page. Tried switching to Progressive and even other settings, no avail. It's only a slight annoyance but just wanted to say it's there on the PS4.

wierdmouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, this has been an issue for me the past couple days on my PS4, as well. I was able to watch the Saturn video this afternoon with no problem/progress bar, but I wanted to check out the Megadate this evening and the progress bar will not disappear in fullscreen mode. The other day, restarting the PS4 solved the issue, but that did not work tonite. Thanks for any assistance/fixes!

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I have been having this problem as well. I can only get the bar to disappear when the cursor moves off of the video, which is not possible in full screen.

• Browsers: Chrome / Firefox / Edge (All 3)
  • Type Of Player: HTML5 / Progressive (Both)
hopalonghorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm experiencing the same issue as well, on PS4. Only started a few days ago.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same issue with me for the last couple of days. W10/Chrome/both players

Avatar image for theotherbelmont
theotherbelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The same issue is happening to me as well:

Windows 10, Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit), HTML 5

PlayerPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm also getting the same, using Chrome on Windows 7

gbstu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im having this issue too, tried switching between HTML5/Progressive, moving mouse into corner, turning gaming mouse off, switching from chrome to edge and no luck :( it only started happening last night when I watched the GBE Megadate livestream. The progress bar was covering everyone's faces the whole time

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Syndrom

having the same issue, started today. chrome windows 10

makyds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By makyds

Same here, Chromoe, Windows 10. pls halp.

coldblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By coldblood

Same is happening for me on win10 machine. If I fill browser and move the mouse away from the window it goes away.

Nbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Yep, same thing is happening to me as well. Can get rid of it if I move my mouse to my second monitor

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

same, chrome, OS X yosemite.