Really hard to use the new player UI in touch mode using Edge

MudMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Just a note to call out that I'm having a hard time using the new video player UI on my Surface tablet. The new maximize button is a mouse-hover deployable menu, which should be forbidden by law now that touchscreens are a thing because it's literally impossible to select any of the options using touch inputs. All of the other options are also really hard to use, since the toolbar doesn't stay up, so I just have to guess where the buttons are going to be when I tap them.

Hope you guys can tweak this to use taps instead of hovers so I don't have to go run for a mouse every time I want to watch a Premium show or go to YouTube for the rest.

I'm running Win 10 on a Surface tablet and I've mostly been using MS Edge for this, but the problem seems to be common to all browsers.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#2  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Yeah, I was thinking about creating a thread about this too, the toolbar disappears pretty much instantly when you let go of the screen. The old player's toolbar would stay up for a couple of seconds giving you enough time to press the buttons, as does the youtube player.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The_Nubster

I don't watch GB on anything touch screen but I was shocked at how quickly the toolbar ducks when you mouse off of it. Even aside from the touch screen usage problems, it's a bit aesthetically jarring. I feel like the player is scared or really stressed out or something.

confideration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Same feedback as OP. Comon guys

thunderkat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By thunderkat1

I'm having this same problem with the Edge browser. While using Chrome with touch the controls stay up and work well enough, in Edge though the controls disappear immediately and the video pauses when touched to bring up the controls. It seems that the player doesn't differentiate between mouse and touch in Edge but in Chrome it does.