Roku App And Premium

sagebirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've only recently returned to a premium subscription, and discovered the Roku app on my TV.

I've watched a couple of premium content videos (Mass Alex, and Sea Of Beasts). But all the other premium content asks for me to link my account, which I have done.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2 rorie  Staff

@sagebirt said:

I've only recently returned to a premium subscription, and discovered the Roku app on my TV.

I've watched a couple of premium content videos (Mass Alex, and Sea Of Beasts). But all the other premium content asks for me to link my account, which I have done.

Are you getting a specific error message beyond just that? Do you have any issues viewing that content on the site?

haiewesthus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started having a similar issue with the Roku app in the last week or so. Some premium content (Giant Devcast, Vinnyvania, We Talk Over, VRodeo) is locked, while some (Mass Alex, Sea Beasts, Premium Podcasts) is not. I don't get an error message, it just says that I need to link my account. I tried unlinking and relinking my app with no luck. I am using the beta app recommended here. Is that still the right option?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

DrRMc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having the same issue as the OP.

My Roku app has also decided to lock out some premium content and not others. This is after re-linking my premium account several times as well as deleting and reinstalling the entire app.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5 rorie  Staff

Hey I apologize for all the Roku problems. It's a priority for the engineer assigned to it and hopefully we'll have some news soon. It's happening on the Gamespot Roku as well so as far as we can tell Roku changed something that broke some stuff for us but we're looking into it.