Roku app feedback thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#201  Edited By frobie  Staff
Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@frobie: i'm using a Roku 2 and still experienced the issue, but i'll check it out build 3 tonight.

Stemage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#203  Edited By Stemage

@frobie: I just spent about 30 minutes on the app. I'm one of the Ultra owners. It works great for me! No quality issues, problems with older videos queuing up. Great job! I just went from a Nexus Player to this, so it's a sigh of relief knowing that I won't lose my ability to see premium Bomb stuff on the TV.

Only one more general question: Is there a way to view a feed of ALL videos posted? There are things like the Cuphead interview, mailbags, and other non categorical videos that will get lost simply due to not being attached to a "show".

Cheers!

brycewinters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@frobie: It works! Thank you so much for your hard work!

hiimmikecruz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Some videos just don't load for me on the new app. I'm finding it to be videos that are really like like the SNES Classic stream. I'm using a TCL Roku TV.

Stubstub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks @frobie my Roku automatically updated to build 3 and works now. Is there a way to watch the videos that don't fit into the show categories in the app (mailbags, random live shows, etc.)?

evilmax17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frobie Channel is definitely looking better! Appreciate the more frequent updates, and general attention that this is getting.

I'm seeing a problem where each time the channel is updated, I lose all of my "resume playing" statuses for every video, and I also have to relink my account.

The channel's local storage should persist between updates, unless you're manually clearing it out or something. Are you packaging the channel with the same key each time? If you're not packaging updates with the same key, you'll get a clean database with each update, which is undesirable.

https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/Packaging+Roku+Channels#PackagingRokuChannels-Rekeying

Also, the "resume playing" status incorrectly resets on videos very easily. If I try to resume an in-progress video, but the video fails to load, it removes the resume option. Most channels update this status every few seconds on a timer while the video is playing, rather than when the video stops playing or whatever.

Hope the last few kinks get ironed out, feels like it's almost there!

Avatar image for goulash_enjoyer
goulash_enjoyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By goulash_enjoyer

It's happening again.

Extra Llife 2017 - Giant Bomb East is kicking me out at periodic intervals. It happened at 46:08. The video stopped playing and sent me back to the video page, with no option to resume. Pressing Play started me right back at 46, where it kicked me out again 8 seconds later, this time with the option to resume at 46:08. Resume, at 46:00, kicks me out at 46:08. Resume, fast forward somewhere around 47:00 to get past the fault point, immediately kicked back to the video page.

This happened in a few other videos that I can't recall at the moment, but it seems to only happen in videos coming out of East. That's been a consistent problem with the videos they put out, for whatever reason.

crackity_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Downloaded the app to my TCL P series TV but it just crashes when I launch it.

winelorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've got a Roku 4 premiere that I've tried both factory resetting and using the Beta app. Nothing I've tried can get the app to launch. I'm happy to provide anything the devs may need to further look into this. Thanks!

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winelorf:

I'm having the same issues here on a Roku Premier +

winelorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

goulash_enjoyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By goulash_enjoyer

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bombcast-509-tom-nooks-grim-rictus-premium/2300-12670/

The recent podcast video archive keeps booting me back to the video page every 10 seconds or so. This is unwatchable.

Giant Bomb channel version 2.1 build 3 on a Roku 3, 4200X. Software 7.7.0 build 4134-04

shaitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am also getting the same issues with getting kicked back. We tried to stream the old GBE Playdates of Life is Strange and it would just kick us out after a few minutes. The latest bombcast (both premium and non-premium) is also kicking us out every 10 seconds after the first minute or so. Using a Roku 3 and the latest updates to the app. It was working fine before so I'm not sure if I changed something or not.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been meaning to note this for a while now - it seems like several of the video categories are missing, such as Features and Extra Life. Or am I crazy? The Persona 4 section is also not working properly - it just shows the first 24 episodes of P4 ER.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@winelorf: I'm right there with you. The app hasn't launched for me since it was 90 degrees outside...now it's sub-zero.

I think it last worked in August, maybe...

Avatar image for havelovewilltravel
havelovewilltravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any updates on this? (GB App worked fine on my fire TV, but now all I have is Roku and it will not launch.)

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I noticed that the GBE Playdate: Life is Strange 12/11/2015 video is missing from the Playdate video category in the Roku app.

Also the "Choose Our Own Adventure" series isn't in there at all.

marokazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got a TCL and installed the app. Is there a search function at all or did I download an old beta version?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

FYI we are STILL waiting for the app to go through Roku's approval queue. We're not sure why it's taking so long, but I apologize for all the delays.

hybrid_aries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if this is the correct place to request features for the Roku app, but I would really like it if the app could sync playback progress with the website. The beta version of the app has been working great recently (past few months), thanks for all the improvements!

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#223  Edited By nutter

@rorie: Thanks for the update! It’s good to hear that gears are still turning.

goulash_enjoyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By goulash_enjoyer

Something happened between last night and this morning, at least on my end. The Shows section under the horizontal recent video scroller has reintegrated all the archived Shows from below and, instead of each tile being a link to the subcategory for that Show, the tiles are just links to the final most recent episode from each Show. This removes the subcategory Show pages, so you can't watch anything but the most recent episode and not all new Shows are on the list.

Avatar image for deactivated-609ba772e99db
deactivated-609ba772e99db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bummey: I get the same thing with the roku beta starting a few days ago. Before that everything worked correctly.

There is more people here with the same issue

https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bug-reporting-33/roku-app-not-working-use-the-beta-version-1808125/#41

StanleyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To repost here incase this is a better forum for it: The Roku app is now just showing a random assortment of videos from wildly different times with no organization and you can no longer select categories/playlists. The Xbox app is also broken as well, as of yesterday, in that "shows" no longer work; clicking on a show simply takes you a linear list of GB's recent videos by time of submission.

HighPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, having the same issue with the Roku app that other people have mentioned. Posted this in another thread.

kungfugrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same issue as being reported by the last 4 posts regarding the beta app. I'm using a Roku 3. The Shows section is all screwed up. I wanted to watch the first episode of Thirteen Deadly Sims, but the only episode available in the app is the most recent one. This appears to be the case for each show.

Also, could someone explain the differences between the beta and official app? The official app hasn't worked for me in what feels like a year. What exactly is being tested in the beta that hasn't seemingly made it to the actual app? I would think the beta would make its way to official release at some point, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I was hoping with the beta app being broken the way it is right now, I could just use the regular version of the GB app and watch videos that way, but that's still broken for me too.

Sam_lfcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Also having problems with the Roku app. Impossible to access the archive now.

mikecardii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just confirming I'm not able to watch videos older than the most recent in a feature as well.

Carboot_Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Carboot_Soul

Using Roku 2 (2016) and have the same problem with the beta app. Lost all of the shows, seems to be the structure of content is all messed up. Hopefully it is easily put back again?

Just flagging this thread again for @rorie and @frobie as they might have missed it.

greasylake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having the same issue using the beta app on Roku 3. There are no categories/series to choose from anymore, just a small amount of random videos mixed in with some recent shows. It's disappointing as I watch most GB content via the app. Hopefully they can fix the issue soon as the app worked great up until this last week.

Matthew9559

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wanted to post that I am having the same issue. All the sho links have last episode only and my shows list and archived show list is the same so all content except the newest few at the top in the carousel are gone. Please let me know if I can do anything to help test.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Let me know if this is still occurring; I believe the fix for this should have gone out yesterday.

BTStreleckis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just noticed this issue (using the Roku 2XS), as I haven't scrolled down to the categories in a while.

StanleyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is still a problem for me. Same thing, no organization of videos. I deleted and reinstalled the beta app and it's still doing it. Haven't tried the Xbox app yet.

lkf0919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still having issues as well with the beta app

handonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By handonium

Still having the issue. I'm using the beta app. Menu says I have Version 2.1, build 3 as of right now and I just checked for an update.

puckoff23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having the same problem. Beta app version 2.1, version 3 on a roku ultra 4640x

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By frobie  Staff

Working on a fix. Thanks for the reports.

spookytapes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah still not able to dive into categories on my TCL P-Series, just get a smattering of newer shows.

ThomasVivaldi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine still wasn't working, and I tried to reload the app, but roku can't find it anymore.

The_Boots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. Still broken.

StanleyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Roku app is still having the issue for me, but the Xbox app is not. The Xbox app now has proper categories and shows.

M3cha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I just added the beta branch for the Roku App on my TCL TV. App works but there's no video filtering - just a random assortment of videos across the years.

goulash_enjoyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. It's still borked over here.

FoxHound3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roku App is now working again. Thanks for getting this fixed!

BTStreleckis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything back to normal from the looks of it here. Thank you!

goulash_enjoyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By goulash_enjoyer

Show subcategory linked tiles are back, but archived Shows are still present in the top Shows list.

e: everything was fixed a few days after this post.

goulash_enjoyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By goulash_enjoyer

Has any progress been made on a video search to the roku channel? Or any further consideration on adding one?

I'd to watch the old Bioforge videos, Load Our Last Save, and some older series, just not on a computer monitor.