#301 Posted by bummey (750 posts) -

The Extra Life show category makes the roku channel crash. All the rest of show categories are fine.

I really want to see that FMV game they played on Extra Life, shown in the recent Best Of video. Back to the browser player I go..

Roku 4200X - Roku 3

software 8.1.0, build 4145-04

#302 Posted by Carboot_Soul (22 posts) -

@bummey: I also have seen this too. The crash also happens if you select the E3 category and scroll along. Seems to be something to do with the length of the videos?

#303 Posted by bummey (750 posts) -

@carboot_soul said:

@bummey: I also have seen this too. The crash also happens if you select the E3 category and scroll along. Seems to be something to do with the length of the videos?

Roku can't handle Alex's drumming.

#304 Posted by anitablake10 (2 posts) -

When launching the (Beta) Roku app a few days ago, I noticed that several video categories are now missing (Gotta God Hand!, Mass Alex, VinnyVania as just a few examples). Anyone else having this issue?

Oh, and I’m also experiencing the issue of the app crashing when trying to select the new Extra Life category.

#305 Posted by ThomasVivaldi (25 posts) -

@anitablake10:

You might have to relink your account. A week or two ago the app reset or something and if you're not premium it hides the premium categories.

Also, they've add a Breaking Brad and Binding of Patrick category and I couldn't be happier.

#306 Posted by SethMode (1713 posts) -

Yeah, typically that happens to me when I need to relink.

I definitely am still getting the crash over Extra Life just upon selecting it, still. Haven't tried E3.

#307 Posted by anitablake10 (2 posts) -

@thomasvivaldi: Relinking totally worked! Thank you!!!

And I absolutely agree about the addition of the newer categories :)

#309 Posted by InputMapper (21 posts) -

I keep having to re-link my app to get premium content, has happened at a rate of about once every couple weeks. Anybody else having this issue?

#310 Posted by Puchiko (803 posts) -

Is there any plans to enable the ability to watch UPF on the app? Right now all it has is GB infinite and when I tried to watch the Game Awards last night it never showed up under the Live tab. For some reason it also says I need a twitch client to use the Live function.

Also maybe its just me but it will just go into sleep mode in the middle of a video sometimes.