Roku app feedback thread

Avatar image for goulash_enjoyer
goulash_enjoyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Extra Life show category makes the roku channel crash. All the rest of show categories are fine.

I really want to see that FMV game they played on Extra Life, shown in the recent Best Of video. Back to the browser player I go..

Roku 4200X - Roku 3

software 8.1.0, build 4145-04

Carboot_Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bummey: I also have seen this too. The crash also happens if you select the E3 category and scroll along. Seems to be something to do with the length of the videos?

goulash_enjoyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carboot_soul said:

@bummey: I also have seen this too. The crash also happens if you select the E3 category and scroll along. Seems to be something to do with the length of the videos?

Roku can't handle Alex's drumming.

anitablake10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When launching the (Beta) Roku app a few days ago, I noticed that several video categories are now missing (Gotta God Hand!, Mass Alex, VinnyVania as just a few examples). Anyone else having this issue?

Oh, and I’m also experiencing the issue of the app crashing when trying to select the new Extra Life category.

ThomasVivaldi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anitablake10:

You might have to relink your account. A week or two ago the app reset or something and if you're not premium it hides the premium categories.

Also, they've add a Breaking Brad and Binding of Patrick category and I couldn't be happier.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 SethMode  Online

Yeah, typically that happens to me when I need to relink.

I definitely am still getting the crash over Extra Life just upon selecting it, still. Haven't tried E3.

anitablake10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thomasvivaldi: Relinking totally worked! Thank you!!!

And I absolutely agree about the addition of the newer categories :)

InputMapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep having to re-link my app to get premium content, has happened at a rate of about once every couple weeks. Anybody else having this issue?

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any plans to enable the ability to watch UPF on the app? Right now all it has is GB infinite and when I tried to watch the Game Awards last night it never showed up under the Live tab. For some reason it also says I need a twitch client to use the Live function.

Also maybe its just me but it will just go into sleep mode in the middle of a video sometimes.

Brinstil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I am also getting a crash every time I try to open the Extra Life category.

goulash_enjoyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie So what's happening with this? Do you know if there is any movement on developing it further?

anitablake10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone else noticed over the last few days a potential uploading issue for the newest videos on the Roku app? Most recently, when the newest GBE Playdate and PokéMonday Night Combat were posted, they show as “0:00” time code and a lock icon in the lower right corner.

At first, I thought it was an issue with my Premium account not being linked, but everything was ok there (I even unlinked then re-linked a few times, just in case). Then I realized that I could access all of the other Premium content, just not the most recently posted items....

shaitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By shaitan

@anitablake10: I have been noticing this as well. My TV has a built in Roku (TCL) and it forces my whole TV to reboot if I select the broken video. Right now I can't open up the entire Playdate tab since it just crashes as soon as that opens

Rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#315 Rorie  Staff

@shaitan said:

@anitablake10: I have been noticing this as well. My TV has a built in Roku (TCL) and it forces my whole TV to reboot if I select the broken video. Right now I can't open up the entire Playdate tab since it just crashes as soon as that opens

This was related to an encoding issue on those videos but should be resolved now, I believe.

goulash_enjoyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By goulash_enjoyer

The Mega UPF video doesn't load, it just kicks me back to the main screen.

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/mega-upf-03292019/2300-14072/

ThomasVivaldi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bummey: Does that with the extra life video too. Probably an issue with any video over 3 hrs long.

megasoum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rorie Are there any plans on ever adding a search to the Roku app? I don't understand how it is still missing after all those years? It seems like such a no brainer to me for an app like that?

Thanks!

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#320 frobie  Staff

Updated the GB Roku Side Load Beta App. The logic to finagle a lower bitrate stream has been fixed so the Extra Life videos and some of the older videos like those in the TANG category should work now. Premium shows/videos will be shown regardless if you're premium again since the sudden disappearance of shows cause confusion when the app delinks. The much requested live streaming has been added, it will appear in the big slot and push the recent videos below (On app load).

deviationer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By deviationer

@frobie:

I noticed that after the app updated some older content doesn't play at all. For example all of metal gear scanlon 4 and 5. It either just sits at retrieving or it kicks you right back out of the video.

Also all videos now default to the lowest quality setting. For example Redout quick look is a blurry mess, sonic team racing looks like its 480p

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 frobie  Staff

@deviationer

I was too aggressive in getting the older videos to load. Just pushed an update to fix scanlon and boost the bitrate.

north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wait, this thing is supposed to work again? Every time i launch it for the past 2 years it just closes immediately.

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 frobie  Staff
north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@frobie: Thanks! Will try that, I'd given up on this, good to see people are still interested in it.

deviationer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frobie:

everything seams to work just fine now, thanks.

citizenlowell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By citizenlowell

I've been having trouble accessing the E3 content via the Roku app. I get a message saying I need to link my account. AFter delinking and relinking it persists. I'm able to access the E3 content via the site without any issue though.

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 frobie  Staff

@citizenlowell Is this issue for the entire catalogue of E3 content or just the most recent videos?

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#330  Edited By xanadu

@frobie: all videos seem to be playing in low quality now and also the live function didn't seem to work when I tried. I had the splash screen with music running well past when the stream actually started.

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By frobie  Staff

@xanadu

When you hit play on the live stream, it will always start at the beginning. You'll need to fast forward to get to the live point. I'm looking into a way to jump it there at start. For the quality, could I ask you to delete and side-load the beta app again? A change was made recently to remove the 700 bitrate video files as an option but the change didn't seem to have propagated to everyone's roku automatically.