@rorie: Hey Rorie, I'm using a

Roku Premier+ Model 4630X

poopasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I’m on a Roku 4K Stick (3810r) and a Roku Express (3900). Both have the same issue of some content showing as locked despite having my account connected. Thanks for the help here!!

unnamed_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

The Giantbomb app is continuing crashing for me as well. I tried a factory reset and it didn't help.

Giantbomb App Version: 2.2 Build 4

Roku Firmware Version: 9.3.0 Build 4150-29

Roku Model: 4620X - Roku Premier

Thanks.

dahoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: GB channel on Roku still unusable -- crashes immediately upon launch (logo shows, then quits back to the roku home screen). Been this way for ... 2 weeks+?

Also noteworthy: GB is the *only* Roku channel app that has ever given me problems. Despite regular (obviously) updates to the Roku system software (@gatorman said something similar). So I dispute that Roku is the faulty ingredient in all this and needs "to get their crap together" as someone stated.

Specs:

Giant Bomb: version 2.2 build 4

Roku model: 9101X Roku Smart Soundbar

Roku SW version: 9.3.0 build 4150-95

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#105 rorie  Staff

@dahoste: Have you tried the GameSpot channel lately? I don't have a Roku myself.

dahoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey @rorie, thanks for the follow-up.

Is "GameSpot TV" the channel you mean? If so, yes, I just added that and it runs and the content streams. But... its version is listed as "1.1 build 3", from like Jan 2018?! And there's nothing in the channel newer than 2014, in terms of content. Is there some other GameSpot Roku channel? Anyway - it works fine (including the advertising delivery, of course).

P.S. thanks for helping to keep this issue on the radar. I know I'm coming across pretty salty. It's one part frustration that the channel doesn't work at all and it accounts for about 90% of my GB consumption, and one part frustration that there's no proper support/ticketing system available to you or us that would help manage this process appropriately. Doing this on a forum is very 1990s (in a bad way).

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 rorie  Staff

@dahoste said:

Hey @rorie, thanks for the follow-up.

Is "GameSpot TV" the channel you mean? If so, yes, I just added that and it runs and the content streams. But... its version is listed as "1.1 build 3", from like Jan 2018?! And there's nothing in the channel newer than 2014, in terms of content. Is there some other GameSpot Roku channel? Anyway - it works fine (including the advertising delivery, of course).

P.S. thanks for helping to keep this issue on the radar. I know I'm coming across pretty salty. It's one part frustration that the channel doesn't work at all and it accounts for about 90% of my GB consumption, and one part frustration that there's no proper support/ticketing system available to you or us that would help manage this process appropriately. Doing this on a forum is very 1990s (in a bad way).

No, no worries at all - I'm sorry it's taking so long to fix. I'm trying my best to keep it on the radar of the engineer involved and every little bit helps to figure out what's going on. I'll update the ticket with all of these replies!

tovardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie I've got a couple more data points if you'd like related to the Roku app crashing on launch. I'm currently running two Roku Ultras (4660X models) and one was seemingly in the pioneer ota group for Roku OS v9.3 and the other is still on v9.2, the app crashes on launch on the one running Roku OS 9.3 and runs fine on 9.2. Seems extremely likely that they either broke or deprecated something the channel relies on in 9.3.

P.S. Thanks for all you do and have done around here. Very much appreciated.

mcchitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roku model 4230X

Software version 9.3.0

Build 4164-04

Official Channel and beta - bomb logo appears and channel crashes. It’s been this way for about 2-3 weeks

Alladar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I installed the Giant Bomb channel on my TCL Roku TV and the logo loads and then immediately crashes to the home screen. I am a new premium member so I was brought to this forum post by one of my welcome emails about watching Giant Bomb content away from a computer.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 rorie  Staff

Thanks for the updates issues, y'all. I continue to add them to the ticket for the engineer and will let you know when there's some movement on a fix.

Avatar image for givingupthefight
GivingUpTheFight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Hi Rorie

Adding to the pile. The GB app also crashes at startup on my Roku Premiere 3920X, software version 9.3.0 build 4150-91

BUT it works perfectly fine on my Roku Stick model 3600X, software version 9.2.0 build 4804-24.

Hope this helps! Thanks for not letting Roku forget about it.

WarOnHugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for keeping up Rorie.

I’m getting crashing on app launch as well. 3600X stick sw version 9.3.0 build 4150-24. Giant bomb ver 2.2 build 4. GameSpot channel loads videos just fine ver 2 build 0.

RadioFlyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting an issue where the Roku app says I'm logged in and connected to my premium account, but when I try to view premium content it says I don't have permission to view it

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Roku model 4230X

Software version 9.3.0

Build 4166-29

Getting the same issue I see the giant bomb logo for a second then crashes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app it did not fix the issue.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 rorie  Staff
Gatorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: this user created app simply does not work. I have now tried it on four different devices and it plays the video at about half-speed. How about GiantBomb fixes their own app?This is ridiculous. I can't believe I pay yearly for this and you are honestly suggesting that I now try a user-created application.

spree4567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#119  Edited By spree4567

I'm having issues accessing Premium videos. I tried to delete and re-download. I then re-linked my account. It shows that I'm linked, but I'm not able to play Premium videos.