• 168 results
wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By wcarle

Hey it sounds like our engineer has made some progress on the crashing issue, I hope. Try loading this and see if it works for you:

https://my.roku.com/add/2CJNDZ

We know there are a lot of issues with the app at the moment and it's being worked on. It sounds like it might require an app rebuild which might require some time to resolve - apologies for the trouble. -rorie

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By wcarle

We submitted a new version of the beta app today, please make sure your channels are up to date!

aquacadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Thank you so much! I know I'm in the minority, but this is how I consumed 90% of my GB video content and the audio sync was quite annoying.

nikemike99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Second the thanks!!! I also watch almost all content via the Roku, so thanks for the fix. I know it is not the biggest issue, but there are those of us who this fix will be a big deal.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hwy_61

YESSSSSS this app is working perfectly!!!

Thank you!!!

notkcots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New app seems killer! Thanks for your consistent effort over the past year to listen to all of our bug reports and get this done.

mcleangillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the help! you are my jesus for this moment <slow clap>

PoetryMiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greatly appreciated here too! Thank you!

Avatar image for goulash_enjoyer
goulash_enjoyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roku's taking their sweet time approving the new channel update, aren't they? I've been using the beta channel since it was announced, but people who aren't visiting the forum regularly must be frustrated.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phew. So glad this is working!

Rubyeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was just coming to the forums to see what was up with the Roku app and maybe complain and found this thread on top. Added and looking forward to watching GB tonight. Thanks!

greasylake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By greasylake

Thank's for this fix, I also watch quite a lot of GB content via the Roku app so was very happy to see this thread.

Cowbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cowbox

Hi, @wcarle,

I've been watching Giant Bomb videos through the beta Roku channel for the past couple months and it had been working great. Today when booting it up I saw it had a new layout. I really liked it! The only immediate criticism I had about it is the video's runtime was not listed in the video preview as it had been in the last channel revision.

Anyway, my post is not about that. When loading up that Roku channel, I was able to watch some videos but not premium content ones. To make sure everything was on the up-and-up, I brought up the Roku activation code in-channel and proceeded to https://www.giantbomb.com/app/roku/activate where I attempted to put the code in. Doing so gave me an error, and when I tried to generate a new code on Roku nothing seemed to happen. I figured I would restart the app, but since closing the Giant Bomb Roku channel I have been unable to open it again. I have tried turning the device off and on and also deleting/reinstalling the app. Still no luck.

If you might know how to fix the issue, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks for your time.

Gatorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once again, the Roku app is kicking me out. The update was great for about an hour. Now I can't get in.

dantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dantez

Premium videos will no longer play for me since the recent update. I even re-linked my account but still will not let me.

Also was hoping the update would fix the glitchy/distorted audio, but alas it is still there.

On a positive note, really liking the new layout. Hope I get to use it soon.

P00hfLinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

emperorhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By emperorhand

I'm also unable to play any premium videos on the Roku app, even after linking my account.

dantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dantez

Well, seems re-linking my account triggered a "Are you Human?" warning on my account. Was locked out of the site for a while, finally got back in, but now both the Roku app, and the Video Buddy app wont load for me at all, so guess I am locked out of those...

dragonguyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Same as everyone above. The original GB roku channel still doesn't work and now the beta channel doesn't work especially after linking your account. Using a roku tv but seems like it's affecting all rokus.

Gatorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dantez: Yep, now when I try to get on the site with my computer instead of Roku, it has me verify that I am human. What the hell is going on over there?

greasylake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same here, with the update to the beta app I can no longer watch premium content.

jmuras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gatorman: Same here kicked out of app immediately

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the new app looks nice but 95% of it won't play on my Roku 3 and yes I linked my account.

bigt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm having the same issue as everyone above with the Roku app, then had to confirm I was human when messing with my phone as it stopped working as I tried to re-link it. Now I can't even pull up anything on the Xbox app. I guess I also wasn't destined to watch anything tonight.

soulmanim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By soulmanim3

Same as all here. Tapped the * button on the remote and it asked me to activate. Went to the site and instantly got an are you human check. This fails to an invalid request. Now the Video Buddy app is blocked. Site seems to think I'm on a VPN or bad traffic is coming through. I now have to do the captcha just to log in to the site.

Edit: Now I am blocked from using either Roku channel. Both crash to dashboard on launch now. Tried deleting, re-downloading, & rebooting.

Also, Giantbomb.com/Roku will take you to a activation page without the site thinking you're a robot. Would be interesting to see someone try, but don't lock yourself out if you don't have another way to get to the content.

Avatar image for ralphmoustaccio
RalphMoustaccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryudo: That happened to me initially. After I linked my account, and it still wasn't working, I went to the Roku home screen, hit the * button with the GB app highlighted, and hit close. Opened it again, and it worked. You might give that a shot.

dantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dantez

For @bigt@gatorman@soulmanim3 and anyone else who got the "Are you Human?" issue, and are now locked out of all apps ect, I just got a reply from support and was told there were a thousand requests from my IP address, which is crazy! I am not using a VPN ect, so must be caused by the app. Anyway, they have now lifted the block on my IP, and the site and the Video Buddy app seem to be loading fine for me now (I have not tried the Roku app yet, as scared it is going to cause the same issue again).

So if you are still locked out of anything, email support and they should lift the block for you.

soulmanim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dantez: Great info! Emailed Rorie and he looped in the Top Men.... who?

Top.

Men.

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30 frobie  Staff

What version of Roku is everyone using?

dantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frobie: I have the Roku Streaming Stick.

soulmanim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frobie: I'm using the R2XD (I think)

nu11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just tried adding the beta channel, and it seems to be region locked? After logging into the Roku website and trying to add the channel by using the code, I get to a page saying "Apologies, but the web channel store is not currently supported in your region". I saw at the bottom of the website there is a country selector, so I tried changing it to United States and added the code again. This does bring me to the channel page, but when I click on the Add Channel button, I once again get a error message, saying "We're sorry. At this time, we don't support adding channels from the web for your region"...

I'm from Canada. Curious if anyone else outside of the United States has encountered this problem.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@nu11 said:

Just tried adding the beta channel, and it seems to be region locked? After logging into the Roku website and trying to add the channel by using the code, I get to a page saying "Apologies, but the web channel store is not currently supported in your region". I saw at the bottom of the website there is a country selector, so I tried changing it to United States and added the code again. This does bring me to the channel page, but when I click on the Add Channel button, I once again get a error message, saying "We're sorry. At this time, we don't support adding channels from the web for your region"...

I'm from Canada. Curious if anyone else outside of the United States has encountered this problem.

I don't believe that would be anything intentional on our end, unfortunately. I'm not sure if I have a way to test that, unfortunately, but we'll see if anyone else has the same issue. Are you using a VPN or anything like that?

nu11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi @rorie. No, I'm not using any sort of VPN. I just tried the process of adding the channel again and...it worked this time? After putting in the code, I got to a page confirming to agree since this is a beta channel, and the page is now saying to give up to 24 hours for it to appear.

No idea what was different this time. I will report back when I can confirm the channel does show up. Thanks for the quick reply!

nu11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, the app has shown up, seems to work! Once again, no idea why the channel could not be added at first. Just glad to have a working Roku Giant Bomb app again!

FLYmeatwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the Beta one and was working fine last night. Have been catching up on MGS, but now I just have individual episodes under shows and the same thing with archived shows. No way to look through entire video collections or search individual videos.

StanleyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By StanleyPain

I'm having issues with the Roku App. I have the beta version which has been working fine for years, but as of only a few hours ago the app now only shows a random assortment of un-categorized videos (some brand new, some years and years old) and the categories/topic organization is totally gone, no more folders. (and, yes I deleted the channel and reinstalled it a few times)

FoxHound3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wanted to also say that I have been having the same issue as the previous two posters have mentioned. No organization on the Roku app. Can't access specific videos.

OnionPowder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My roku app also is a disorganized mess. Stuff like Who's the Big Boss was popping up under archived, instead of show pages it's individual episodes.

The_Boots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. Me too. Although if I wanted to watch the Skyward Sword video review, I'd be covered... I'm not using the beta app, though. Pretty sure I'm using the release version!

HighPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By HighPriest

As mentioned by recent posters, it looks like the Roku app devolved into lunacy over the last 24 hours or so.

StanleyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By StanleyPain

The Xbox app is also not working properly anymore as of yesterday. While it doesn't bring up just a random assortment of unorganized videos, the categories/shows no longer work in it. Like, if you click on, say, the Beast in the East folder, it just brings up a linear list of GBs recent videos in the same order they would be on the site. And, since there's no search function in either the Roku or Xbox apps, this means basically any videos that are not brand new are inaccessable in these apps now. EDIT: My mistake, the search on Xbox works.

Kingfalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same issues here!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry about the issues with organization, it looks like something broke with our API. We'll look into it as soon as we can.

The_Boots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, Rorie!

Brinstil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This has been incredibly disappointing that we've had so many issues with the app for so long. Is there any kind of ETA?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe a fix should be out today.

klhall1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By klhall1987

Is the app open source by any chance? I'd be interested in commiting code and helping fix bugs if it is.

Stale_Muffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Stale_Muffin

I am still having this issue as well