Roku App Not Working? Use The Beta Version!

• 72 results
The_Boots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Yeah. Still doesn't work. It's getting frustrating, since the Roku is how we watch 100% of our GB content...

deviationer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I must have got the update or fix because it works for me now.

The_Boots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's working for us now, too. Thanks for the fix and sorry for being so grumpy!

Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Almost a year and the app still hasn't been published to the official Roku store...

StanleyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to add to this thread, the Roku app is working fine for me last couple days, thanks for the fix/update.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By rorie  Staff

@bacon said:

Almost a year and the app still hasn't been published to the official Roku store...

We are going back and forth with Roku about some stuff before this becomes official, unfortunately. Communication with them has been a bit slow.

Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it matter or make a difference between the roku dongle player and the builtin rokuTV app?

jeffrola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any updates here? Really missing my GB Roku app.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 rorie  Staff

@jeffrola: Are you running into issues with the beta app?

LeraA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello,

On the roku app I used to be able to see premium stuff like Unprofessional Fridays. I did have to verify by linking my roku channel with my account and putting in that code in order to be allowed to see the premium stuff.

These days, nothing premium shows up as an option to watch on roku (no UPF, no Die Another Friday, no Playdate, etc.). Is this a deliberate policy change or did I mess something up?

Thank you!

yourbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leraa: You might just need to re-link your premium account (with a new code). My Roku randomly forgets?/drops? my premium account link every couple of months.

LeraA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By LeraA

@yourbrain: that was it! Thanks. I generated a new code, hooked it up on the website, and restarted the roku channel. Suddenly there's UPF and all the other stuff.

I really appreciate you taking the time to write that out. \o/

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@leraa: @yourbrain: Thank you for asking and answering this! I've often thought, did they get rod of UPF?

I rarely frequent the site but watch videos using the app every night. I really started to miss the premium content, and thought maybe my membership lapsed or something, so thank you both! I'll relink again too.

ST1LL_iLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys,

So lately I haven’t been able to access the latest episodes of Playdate or Pokemonday Night Combat. I can see the previous weeks episodes, just not current eps. I unlinked, relinked, nothing. Restarted Roku, still nothing. Deleted and re-downloaded app, linked premium account, restarted Roku and still have a lock symbol on both videos.

My Roku is up to date at version 9.0.0 Build 4142. My GB app is version 2.1 build 4. Out of ideas on this one. Any help will be appreciated.

TheGrimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im having the same issue. Account is linked but it says to link account to access this video. Major bummer since rokus are the only way i watch videos from the site. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

CrazyArm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same issue as the last two posts. Account is linked but unable to access premium content. I even tried to uninstall the addon, but that didn't work either.

vioxtreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Did older videos get removed by chance?

I was attempting to finish "Playdate: MISSING: An interactive Thriller (and Subways)," but it seems to have been removed from the Roku app. I also noticed that the Until Dawn videos were also gone.

givemesnacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Giant Bomb interested in community help with the app? If it could be pushed to GitHub I would be happy to help enhance it.

izzy89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By izzy89

Is there no way to change the stream quality on this app?