Roku Channel - Clue Crew / General Indexing Question

CircleNine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

It seems like the latest Nancy Drew episodes (Haunted Carousel) aren't listed in either the Lockdown or Clue Crew sections of videos, and part 1 of the most recent game is now off the carousel list of new video at the top of the channel.

Also just as a more general question, why isn't there a search function in the roku channel? It seems like it would alleviate all the weird indexing issues of which video is in which category and it kind of being a nightmare to find a specific thing that you're wanting to watch when it's either an older video or something that could fit into several of the categories.

Or is this in the channel already and I'm just the biggest dunce in the world and haven't ever found it?

milkmichigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

rayans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I recently wrote a replacement for the official Roku app mainly to get a basic search function, might be worth a look in your case: Can be installed with this link: https://my.roku.com/add/JTMHRXP.

https://www.reddit.com/r/giantbomb/comments/gccoz1/new_unofficial_roku_channel_released_bombermin/

You can't get to specific shows or games from the search page yet properly, it just works for individual videos but it's useful if you know what you are looking for.

Oh this is fantastic, thank you for this,

My one issue with the official app is that it was impossible to dig back to get the truly classic series like Random PC Game, but with this search, its super easy to get to the older older older stuff.

milkmichigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke: one other feature for getting to older stuff that might not be obvious is you can change the order of shows to be oldest first like:

1. Go to 'shows'

2. Open a show

3. Click up

Then you can click an option to re-order the show for oldest episodes first. Useful for something like Endurance run where there are so many old episodes.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkmichigan: Fantastic, in some aspects this is honestly better than the regular app (no offense intended fellas)

Can you add Alphabetical categories for Whiskey Media Happy Hour and Random PC game? those seem to be the only 2 missing from what i see on the app. (can find them by manual searching, but I'm more referencing in terms of the show categories if that makes sense.)

milkmichigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke: unfortunately if they don't show up I think it's likely they just aren't organized/tagged the 'new' way so the API isn't returning them, have made a note to look into it though!

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Just used the app to find the same video as the OP. Thanks, duder!

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkmichigan: Thanks again for this app man, feels so great to be able to watch premium content on my TV like effortlessly now (especially during this time)

Possible feature request?, would it be possible to create some sort of playlist feature? where we can go through and add the videos to a sort of playlist? (to use the Endurance run as the example, like if i wanted to add like 5 episodes of it to a playlist and have it continuously play in the background)

milkmichigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke: No problem glad it is of use!

That sounds like a good idea but might be a little bit of work to implement. I will create a note here to look into it. One of the next features I want to do (somewhat related) is 'autoplay' so it will play the 'next' video in a series when you finish it.