Running out of memory while watching livestreams

adulfzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By adulfzen

So yeah I'm using chrome and I don't know why but somehow chrome eats up all of my pc memory when I try to watch a livestream. It happened with Blue Bombing and right now with unprofessional, it's the first time I ran into this issue. I also wanted to try with Firefox but it wouldn't let me launch the stream since this is still the flash player for live stuff. I saw some thread talking about it but no solution seems to have been found so far ?

Edit : alright, I installed flash for firefox and now the livestream seems to work without the memory going crazy. Still wonder what's going on with Chrome, I didn't have any issues before.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@adulfzen said:

So yeah I'm using chrome and I don't know why but somehow chrome eats up all of my pc memory when I try to watch a livestream. It happened with Blue Bombing and right now with unprofessional, it's the first time I ran into this issue. I also wanted to try with Firefox but it wouldn't let me launch the stream since this is still the flash player for live stuff. I saw some thread talking about it but no solution seems to have been found so far ?

Edit : alright, I installed flash for firefox and now the livestream seems to work without the memory going crazy. Still wonder what's going on with Chrome, I didn't have any issues before.

How much RAM do you have?

adulfzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have 8 GO of ram which is fairly low nowadays. I wonder if this is an issue with chrome since I didn't have any problem with Firefox

dustydefib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By dustydefib

Had the same problem last night. Using Chrome with 8GB and it brought my PC to a complete halt.

I'll try your fix though, cheers.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By WynnDuffy

@adulfzen said:

I have 8 GO of ram which is fairly low nowadays. I wonder if this is an issue with chrome since I didn't have any problem with Firefox

Nah 8GB is still more than enough even for gaming. I have 16GB but people on the Internet inflate how much RAM they think they need. Even my lowly Surface Pro runs great with just 4GB.

So don't worry, if you were running out of memory it won't have been because of your RAM in this case.

adulfzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thx for the replies, I'll test chrome again during the next livestream otherwise I'll just keep using Firefox

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@adulfzen: on my old pc I had 16gb of ram and it did the same thing. Back then I had a really tiny windows partition - I kind of underestimated how much I'd need for just windows, and chrome kept making temporary files that built up the longer I watched anything live.

Not sure why or how but the only solution I had back then was to literally keep "My Computer" open and check on how much space is remaining on C:\ and when it would start reaching critically low levels I'd close the browser and open it up again.

It was weird but when I reinstalled Win at some point and repartitioned the drive to have more memory on C:\ the problem went away.