Scroll bars at the bottom of Carousellas

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Firefox 68.0.1 (64-bit), Win10. It started happening earlier today.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 75

#2 fisk0  Moderator

Personally I prefer them over the left/right buttons, but it's weird that we have both.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@fisk0 Only appears in Firefox for me (not Chrome), so I'm guessing that is a bug.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: I liked it better when the left/right button were at either side, because there is a lot of wasted space on a 1440p desktop right now. But that's neither here nor there; the redesign is what it is at this point.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I think this might be resolved now, but let me know if it isn't.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@rorie I'm not seeing arrows or scroll bars at all. In fact, it's currently impossible for me to see any videos other than the four display when going to the "See All" section of quick looks. :/

Sidebar: Why do I see five videos under the quick look section on the home page, but only four at a time on the "See All" quick look page?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@spelda said:

@rorie I'm not seeing arrows or scroll bars at all. In fact, it's currently impossible for me to see any videos other than the four display when going to the "See All" section of quick looks. :/

Sidebar: Why do I see five videos under the quick look section on the home page, but only four at a time on the "See All" quick look page?

What browser are you using? Have you tried another one? Disabling addons?

Spelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Latest public version of Firefox, I disabled my adblocker add-on (I have premium, don't kill me!). Just tried Chrome and it seems to be a problem as well. Hoping this isn't me just missing something...

Spelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spelda

@rorie I've now tried with Firefox in safe mode (add-ons disabled) and the carousel is still not working. Web developer console output on Firefox has these errors:

Request to access cookie or storage on “<URL>” was blocked because it came from a tracker and content blocking is enabled. 25

Autoplay is only allowed when approved by the user, the site is activated by the user, or media is muted. all.js:10:332422

[MUX] _initializePlugin all.js:10:830635

TypeError: The expression cannot be converted to return the specified type. all.js:24

Failed to execute ‘postMessage’ on ‘DOMWindow’: The target origin provided (‘https://www.youtube.com’) does not match the recipient window’s origin (‘https://www.giantbomb.com’).

Chrome has these:

www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/videos?part=id&id=2UfuVNv_geE&key=AIzaSyA7pSvu-PMiTBhAqhYh1h9RHjYU91AP5pU:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()

all.js:10 UVPJS 2.9.8 03/22/19 10:38:00 AM (PDT)

vf_ql_daemon_091919_vr_cs_112x63_7_322.jpg:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Spelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Spelda

Just did a double check on my desktop and saw that the arrows DO appear there. They are both running 69.0.1 Firefox with the same add-ons. I've also tried changing Firefox's content blocking to off, but nothing.

My laptop is an original Surface Book. Could there be some type of issue with the user-agent here since Surface books are sort of a laptop + tablet hybrid?

Edit:

On my laptop it marks the CSS properties of these buttons as invalid and thus hides them:

No Caption Provided

Keep in mind that this happens on two different browsers.