Seeing comments on chat for stuff I haven't written or might be old comments

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've posted this in the "[Chat Test] Bug reporting thread for the new chat system" discussion too a few minutes ago since I wasn't sure, but here we go:

Over the last two live streams I watched* the following has happened:

(*steal my sunshine 05 I think for the first, but definitely GBE's Megadate from this evening for the second)

a) first: two people responded to a comment I made just after I logged in, but I hadn't had a chance to type anything (I can't see what they were responding to, because that's not in the chat function now as far as I can tell)

b) second: as I logged in I could see lots of people using the <> tag and saying the show was over, and I saw my own account saying "Thanks all y'all <>" (not amazingly funny but there you go) which is something I think I might remember typing at the end of a show some time ago. (the MegaDate show started around the time that I logged in)

I don't think my account's been hijacked, but I've changed my password anyway. It only seems to be at the start of the stream, as far as I can tell. Grateful for any advice.

Edit: Win10, Chrome 60.0.3112.90 x64, AdBlock Plus and LastPass

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Let me see if @chrisjames might be able to comment on this.

chrisjames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@mekon If a live stream gets reused (most likely going to be new episodes of a show (Steal My Sunshine, MegaDates)) there is an issue where old chat messages will be visible the next time that live stream is live.

I would not worry about your account being hijacked or anything else funny happening. You are just seeing the old messages from the end of that last live stream. This should be fixed sometime in the future. Thank you for the detailed report!